What's new

Clubman Talc...and a shave brush

After years of not using it (going back to maybe my early 20's), I'm thinking about picking up some Clubman Talc, especially for summer's heat and humidity.

I've been to a few barbers who would apply it directly to a brush and then sweep the neck, vs. directly applying it to the neck, and I really like that method.

I'm thinking my Yaqi 26mm synth fan knot would be perfect for doing this. Of course I'd buy a new one just for talc.

Does anyone else do this?

Yes, it will work. I re-purposed a big boar brush for this. It was too floppy for shaving, but works well with talc.

Sally stores sell a duster that dispenses powder with a button on the handle:

duster1.jpg

You can also use a wide paintbrush.

I've been using the talc for quite a while now. Though I've never tried it with a brush; I apply it with my fingers. Clubman makes great products in general and scents in particular.

I sprinkle Clubman Finest Powder on a dry wash cloth and then apply it in my chest, shoulder and back of neck. Texas does not allow barbers to use brushes anymore on their customers. Mine showed me this method and it works well.

I bought this barbers neck brush on Amazon for $4, and keep it in a jar from the dollar store with some Clubmans “Pinaud Finest” powder in the bottom. I just pull out the brush and dust my chest, arms, neck, face etc. When the powder in the bottom of the jar gets low, I just sprinkle in some more.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Top Bottom