What's new

clubman pinaud

I got a chance to smell this aftershave (didn't use it so I won't comment)

I can't really put into words what I was smelling (some floral notes but the rest was a mystery), but I certainly can describe what it reminded me of.

Before I get to that let me say that Clubman Pinaud has a pleasant scent. Unlike many musk and even some sandalwood scents, I didn't immediately go "yuck, that stinks" :)

Here's what it reminded me of...
Pinaud Clubman took me back to when I was a kid going to Christmas midnight mass in a Catholic church where many older European men in grey/wool suits with shiny watches and slicked hair would shake my hand during the "say hello to your neighbor" part of the mass. :) I distinctly remember thinking about which present I would open first when my family got home and feeling very excited :) :)

A happy memory, but not a scent I see myself using anytime soon.

of course, YMMV

Was it still in the plastic bottle? I bought some a couple of years ago because so many commented on how much they liked it. The first time I used it there was a bizarre smell I didn't like at all. Then I read a post that recommended decanting it into a glass bottle. I poured it into an empty proviso bottle and let it sit fo a couple of days, then tried it again. It was a totally different beast, the bizarre smell was gone. I still use it some weekends.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Was it still in the plastic bottle? I bought some a couple of years ago because so many commented on how much they liked it. The first time I used it there was a bizarre smell I didn't like at all. Then I read a post that recommended decanting it into a glass bottle. I poured it into an empty proviso bottle and let it sit fo a couple of days, then tried it again. It was a totally different beast, the bizarre smell was gone. I still use it some weekends.
This.

FarmerTan

I can't really put into words what I was smelling (some floral notes but the rest was a mystery), but I certainly can describe what it reminded me of.

Before I get to that let me say that Clubman Pinaud has a pleasant scent. Unlike many musk and even some sandalwood scents, I didn't immediately go "yuck, that stinks" :)

Pinaud Clubman took me back to when I was a kid going to Christmas midnight mass in a Catholic church where many older European men in grey/wool suits with shiny watches and slicked hair would shake my hand during the "say hello to your neighbor" part of the mass. :) I distinctly remember thinking about which present I would open first when my family got home and feeling very excited :) :)

of course, YMMV
Awesome memory, by the way.

When I first bought it a few years ago I thought "this is what I remember barbershops smelled like" Now, it's easily my most used AS.

FarmerTan

When I first bought it a few years ago I thought "this is what I remember barbershops smelled like" Now, it's easily my most used AS.
Yes, I got some in a sample size at a garage sale years ago. That was my first impression...barber shop!

I tried Pinaud Clubman for the first time recently because I saw a 6oz bottle on eBay for less than €6 with free shipping from USA to Spain and decided to pull the trigger.
All I can say is that I liked it so much that when the 6oz bottle is empty - I'll buy a 16oz bottle to replace it
Is this a case of Pinaud Clubman Acquisition Disorder ? lol

I’ve got to get my hands on some after reading about this classic product! Aftershave is the weak point in my shaving game. I’ve only used Nivea cool kick then cologne.

Legion

Staff member
I like it. It was not a product that was ever really sold in Australia, so it brings back no memories for me, but I find it pleasant, and SWMBO likes it as well.

We did have an AVON version, and I have some of that stashed away. I might break it out and see if the missus can spot the difference.

Clubman is definitely a classic! This is the AS barbers used in my hometown in Upstate NY when I was a kid. It has been in my rotation since I started shaving.

of course, YMMV

What a lovely memory. Thank you for sharing. I echo what was written above. Definitely decant to a glass bottle. It makes a difference!

Top Bottom