What's new

Clubman Pinaud Bay Rum

I also disagree that it bears any resemblance to vintage Old Spice. I have quite a few bottles of OS and they are in a class of their own.
Regarding Bay Rum...Meehan and Dominica are my personal favorites. IF you come across a bottle of Burt's Bees Bay Rum, grab it, it rocks. Sadly it was discontinued and has become pretty pricey. Also, the Dominica, because of the recent hurricane devastation, has been unavailable.
I think I will just stick to the citrus scented stuff.
Btw. I like the vintage old spice. I just don't think bay rum is for me.

I personally like the smell and have not noticed any "off" scents, but some have stated that the scent smells much better after being decanted into glass than out of the offgassing plastic. YMMV

So I finally got around to it and mixed my first batch. I also had enough to fill a 3 oz bottle that I'll use while this one ages.

! IMG_Bootleggers BR.jpg

Good stuff!

I like the strong clove scent of the VIBR. Sadly it lasts very little. I would love to mix up some of my own Bootlegger's but alas I can't find any Superior 70 or Master Bay Rum in Europe....

Ad Astra

The Instigator
VIBR was sold in CVS drugstore chain until just a few years ago ... They do still carry Clubman.

AA

Yesterday my wife presented me with a bottle of Clubman Pinaud Bay Rum. Apparently she's fed up with my Turkish Lemon Kolonya.
Is it just me or does it smell like a bottle of old spice that's gone off?
It smells like old clove cigarettes (which is kinda a good thing to me) I wear it only once a year...

Yesterday my wife presented me with a bottle of Clubman Pinaud Bay Rum. Apparently she's fed up with my Turkish Lemon Kolonya.

Interesting.....

I have tried to purchase Old Spice on many occasions going back probably 40 years and I can never do it because I can't get past the stench of it when I sample it. OTOH I love Pinaud VIBR so they don't smell similar to me at all.

You may not like spicy dents. Give Whiskey Woods (leathery/Smokey) a try.

Also Pinaud aftershaves have a layered scent profile so it will smell differently in a hour than it does when you first put it on. You may want to give it a chance.

Interesting.....

I have tried to purchase Old Spice on many occasions going back probably 40 years and I can never do it because I can't get past the stench of it when I sample it. OTOH I love Pinaud VIBR so they don't smell similar to me at all.

You may not like spicy dents. Give Whiskey Woods (leathery/Smokey) a try.

Also Pinaud aftershaves have a layered scent profile so it will smell differently in a hour than it does when you first put it on. You may want to give it a chance.
I have been using it as I hate to waste anything. It's tolerable, but I'm still not keen.
I may give the Whiskey Woods a try

Always remember, there are two different kinds of bay rum. There’s traditional Caribbean
bay rum, and there is ‘cowboy’ bay rum. V.I. bay rum is definitely in the latter category.
For a more traditional ‘pure’ bay rum try Dominica, West Indies, superior 70, or Gabels.
All of these a/s are plain alcohol splashes, perfect for high humidity environments.
For a traditional bay rum that also moisturizes, try Master. Same scent, but with glycerin.
Remember, always use the right a/s for the right situation.

check out Phoenix Artisan Accouterments, they have one of the largest selections of their own in house Bay Rums, I was a little hesitant until I tried the Atomic Age Bay Rum now I try to wear it at least 2 times a week. With bay rums, the sky is really the limit, there are alot of them out there and alot of them are copies and or do smell somewhat similar.

I wear Pinaud Virgin Islands Bay Rum around the holidays.

Someone here said their kid always says it smells like Christmas.

Top Bottom