What's new

Clubman Pinaud and James Bond

I just read On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Like many Bond books, various products are mentioned by name. Besides guns, personal care items, automobiles and alcohol are often mentioned.

This book mentioned Clubman Pinaud Shampoo, so I thought I'd give it a try. I can't find it exactly (on Amazon) but do find Clubman Country Club Shampoo.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is it different from or same as Clubman Pinaud Shampoo?

Is there a source for Clubman Pinaud Shampoo specifically?

What do users of Clubman Country Club Shampoo, if any, think of it?

Well, that's Clubman Country Club, and (maybe?) not Pinaud.

I was wondering about Pinaud -- is it the same as Country Club? (I already have this on order).

If not the same, is there a source for Clubman Pinaud? I see now, after looking at the Clubman website, they only have Country Club and not Pinaud. (But James Bond recommends Pinaud, which is what sent me on this journey. I am shaken but not stirred! )

Well, that's Clubman Country Club, and (maybe?) not Pinaud.

I was wondering about Pinaud -- is it the same as Country Club? (I already have this on order).

If not the same, is there a source for Clubman Pinaud? I see now, after looking at the Clubman website, they only have Country Club and not Pinaud. (But James Bond recommends Pinaud, which is what sent me on this journey. I am shaken but not stirred! )
I think E.D Pinaud Elixer Shampoo might be closer to what you want. Places that sell it associate it with the Bond passage you are discussing.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Bertilak:
For display only...I have a small 4oz bottle (little over 1/2 full), of Elixir and approx 1oz of Billantine in my Den.
proxy.php

Pinaud Shamoo & Billantine - 3 (2).jpgPinaud Shamoo & Billantine - 4 (3).jpgPinaud Shamoo & Billantine - 5 (2).jpgPinaud Shamoo & Billantine - 6 (2).jpgPinaud Shamoo & Billantine - 1 (2).jpgPinaud Shamoo & Billantine - 2 (2).jpgPinaud Shamoo & Billantine (2).jpg

proxy.php
"Everyone who's ever [washed their hair] has an idea, but finding the perfect shampoo…is like finding your soulmate”. Unknown Author

Last edited:
Bertilak:
For display only...I have a small 4oz bottle (little over 1/2 full), of Elixir and approx 1oz of Billantine in my Den.
proxy.php

View attachment 1182701View attachment 1182702View attachment 1182703View attachment 1182704View attachment 1182699View attachment 1182700View attachment 1182705

proxy.php
"Everyone who's ever [washed their hair] has an idea, but finding the perfect shampoo…is like finding your soulmate”. Unknown Author
Hi Count. Thanks for the pictures. Do any of the bottles list ingredients? I wonder what the term "elixir" refers to. The dictionary definition is pretty vague! (a magical or medicinal potion)

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hi Count. Thanks for the pictures. Do any of the bottles list ingredients? I wonder what the term "elixir" refers to. The dictionary definition is pretty vague! (a magical or medicinal potion)
Chris:
Sadly, neither of therm have ingredients lists. 😢

proxy.php
"Happiness is washing your hair with a fabulaos-smelling [...] shampoo”. Unknown Author

Last edited:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I'll just assume it's the then-current term for "secret sauce."
Chris:
After further research, looks like my bottle looks similar to the one below (on the left).

Colliers, The National Weekly - Oct 11 1924

Screenshot_2021-01-06 Collier's.png

"He created a product to give men's hair a glossy, well kept appearance, and named it “brilliantine”, which is quite obviously the French word for brilliant".

Also, "The first brilliantines consisted of a perfumed and colored oily liquid" (which mine is). :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Happiness is the smell of freshly washed hair”. Unknown Author

Top Bottom