What's new

Clubman owners/lovers - how many varieties are in your den right now?

After years of mostly using unscented AS, in 12/19 I bought my first bottle of Clubman Pinaud and love it. This week I picked up Virgin Island Bay Rum. Direct from the bottle I thought it smells like Rum, but a few test drops on my wrist last night revealed loads of cinnamon, like a stick of Dentyne gum. I like!

I'm thinking about ordering a bunch of sample bottles to add in to the rotation.

How many varieties are in your den? Full bottles or samples?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Lot of folks have all of them ...

Pinaud Clubman is my personal favorite, but VIBR is here, along with the Pinaud Musk.

And one *must* have Special Reserve! and even the Veg has its place here for comic relief, remediation of a good day, etc.

AA

I've used a lot of their samples, but my full-size bottles are
Clubman
Classic Vanilla
Cognac Neat
Gent's Gin
Lilac Vegetal
Lime Sec
Special Reserve
Whiskey Woods

Just finished my last full bottle of Clubman Classic (a/k/a The Clubman). Currently making my way through travel sized bottles of The Veg and Citrus Musk for the Summer. Have partially used full size bottles of VIBR and Whiskey Woods for winter and fall, respectively.

Love me some Pinaud Clubman. I have 5 different varieties presently. Pinaud Clubman, Lime Sec, Citrus Musk, Classic Vanilla and Virgin Island Bay Rum.

Didn't like
-Clubman
-Musk
-Bay Rum

Meh (I like[d] them enough to finish them but I won't buy them again.)
-Whiskey Woods*
-Brandy Spice
-Gent's Gin
-Special Reserve*

Love

-Citrus Musk

*bottles still in the collection (I'd trade them both for a full or near full bottle of Citrus Musk)

Last edited:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Osage Rub
Lustray Spice
Lustray Blue Spice
Virgin Island Bay Rum
Whiskey Woods
Special Reserve

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I use Clubman. Modern and Vintage versions.

I own and mix:

Virgin Island Bay Rum
Special Reserve
Osage Rub
Lime Sec
Citrus Musk
Classic Vanilla

Don't care for:
Musk
Lilac Vegetal

Probably won't purchase:

Whiskey Woods
Brandy Spice
Gent's Gin

Oh yeah. I forgot one. I used to have The Veg. Let's just say I wasn't chosen. One day I put some on before we were going out to dinner or somewhere I can't remember. We were all upstairs getting ready and my den is in the guest bedroom. I splashed some of The Veg on and then went downstairs to do something. All of a sudden I hear the wife ask "Why does it smell like pee in here? Did the dog pee in here?" My son, who knows about The Veg, said to her "No, it's Dad." Her response, "Dad pee'd in here?!?!" He said, "No it's aftershave." By now I had run upstairs to see what all the commotion was about. She came up to me and sniffed and said "You can't go out like that." That's all I needed. Never wore it again. Don't know what I did with it. True story though.

I had the Standard Pinaud Clubman, then discovered the Vanilla (like it a lot)
Now they had a sale last week and got 6 little bottles and 3 big ones....all new to me. Today was SR like it.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I was into the Clubman scents for a bit and then I tired of most of them. Actually tired of a lot of drug store type scents. Not sure why my tastes change but they did. It was like throwing a switch. Liked them one day. No interest the next.

I still like the Gentleman's Gin.

Top Bottom