What's new

Clubman Musk Mix

Back around Christmas I felt an urge to treat myself.Locally there is not a lot to choose from WalMart,CVS and a couple of local beauty supply stores.The locals usually have a limited selection of Clubman so I popped into the newest one....some Black Magic stuff and some Jeri's.Grabbed a bottle of Osage rub w/oil after c racking the lid on the Black Magic stuff I passed.

Went to an older supply store they had Clubman,Clubman Vanilla and Clubman Musk.I don 't have the musk so I grabbed it and some stocking stuffers for the wife.I had read some good reviews of it.I got into the car and applied some to my wrists...........positively underwhelmed.I decide to use it the next morning and see how it develops over a day.

The next morning shaved and splashed some on and as the day passed it faded down but never went away.But I was still underwhelmed ....neither Clubman nor Musk .Neither fish nor fowl not satisfying to me.I thought about a few days and decided extra musk was needed.

I started off with a little of my stash of Barbasol Musk.About a 50/50 mix.The sweet Barbasol killed the Clubman.So I moved on to AV Musk which has a peppery note and it blended really well with the Clubman.A few days playing with proportions and I have settled on a roughly 35% -40% AV and Clubman mix.It has the peppery musk of the AV with the soft musk of the Clubman and the floral back notes of Clubman and it sticks around all day and evening but is never obnoxious.A few drops of glycerin gives it some extra moisturizing and a little hold and conditioning as I rub it through my beard and hair after shaving.

Really nice combo.
I would not wear it every day but every few weeks will work .

Top Bottom