What's new

Clubman impressions

Wow. I know this type of post has probably been made ten dozen times, but I can't help myself. I picked up a small bottle of Clubmans at the local Walgreen today and all I can say is WOW. Such a nostalgic/manly scent! I have no doubt that this was in use at the barbershops my dad and I used to go to when I was a kid. I love it! So glad I found the Badger & Blade community, I'm having a great time discovering this new world of Wet Shaving!

i didn't check but i guess is much more than ten dozen times :)
I like it, in fact i like most Pinaud stuff... Try Boosters too (Polar Ice, that's what i know), cheap and good too.

For a long time, even before I started wet shaving, I loved that scent. Brought me back to going to the barbershop with Gramps, sitting in the bathroom watching my father shave as a kid and so many other great memories. Then I finally got the AS and it was heaven. Ordered a bottle of the Vanilla (that doesn't smell like vanilla) and loved that too! Ordered a bottle of The Veg and I became a Noble Knight. It's hard for me to rotate other *** in now because the trifecta of Clubman has taken over (Mandom AS is the only other with the marbles to challenge the gentleman with the cane and top hat)

Now I just have to try all the others :001_tongu

Sadly I have no nostalgia with clubman's and I tend to favor the other scents a lot more (I have all of them). Even my dad thought clubman original reminded him only of old electric razor oil.

First of all, welcome!

I, too, just picked up my first bottle of Clubman. The scent is taking a little getting used to since I was using an unscented AS. I do like the burn...much to my surprise.

My bottle does have a 200th anniversary sticker on the label, so I am wondering if it had been sitting on the CVS shelf since 2010.

A favorite of mine also. It's amazing how a certain scent can act as a time machine for fond memories of our youth. That's part of the reason I enjoy traditional wet shaving so much.

One of my top shelf favorites as well. It doesn't bring back any memories of barber shops and shaving mind you but when I first smelled it that was the first thought I had.

Clubman has been a favorite of mine for a long time, yes brings back memories of the old barber shop my STILL barber Frenchy still runs and cuts I went there this past spring and got a cut for old times sake and hope to go again. I also have their Special Reserve which is dark and very manly or heady but it is smooth and very warm great for winter months as well as the original...I tend to break out the dark deep AS's in winter. In fact I just recently added Captains Choice Cat o 9 Tails Bay Rum to my rotation, wow talk about WARMTH and spice this stuff is PERFECT for the deepest coldest winter day's comrade!

My other faves in AS's are Aqua Velva Musk and Cool Blue, hard to beat Clubman original though!

I recently began to wet shave a week and a half ago. After my initial starter kit was ordered, I went to the the local stores to see what wet shaving products they may have available. I immediately noticed the Pinaud Clubman on the shelf in Walgreens. It brought back memories of my barber shop haircuts as a kid. I love that scent. It is a nostalgic scent that doesn't get old. I consider wet shaving a manly venture and the scent of Clubman reinforces that notion in my opinion.

I ultimately found it for a cheaper price in Bed Bath and Beyond. I also have Proraso Refresh AS, but I found myself reaching for the Clubman after 3 out of my first 4 shaves.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Wow. I know this type of post has probably been made ten dozen times, but I can't help myself. I picked up a small bottle of Clubmans at the local Walgreen today and all I can say is WOW. Such a nostalgic/manly scent! I have no doubt that this was in use at the barbershops my dad and I used to go to when I was a kid. I love it! So glad I found the Badger & Blade community, I'm having a great time discovering this new world of Wet Shaving!
dducker3:
proxy.php
and so cool and awesome you're using Clubman my shaving friend (my scent of choice is Citrus Musk!!)!

And with out further ado;

proxy.php
You're now a proud member (along with anyone using Clubman products), of the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Pinaud (a.k.a.
'The Club')".

I will now administer (written by our scribe, member Mario [a.k.a. Gatsby]), the Order of Pinaud sacred Oath...please raise your right hand
proxy.php
and repeat after me;

"I do solemnly affirm that I will uphold my membership to the Order of Pinaud (a.k.a. "The Club"), through my loyalty to the fine A/S, my unwavering dedication to assist all wet shaving enthusiasts, and to promote the iron-clad fellowship that is B & B.

I do swear this on my sword, my (name your razor), and, my lance, my (name your brush): my weapons of choice in smiting the daily scourge that is my stubble".
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Hard work is the aftershave [and eau de cologne] of accomplishment". Author Unknown

attachment.php

PS Member 'Wisguy' has graciously and eloquently added;

proxy.php
"Let us spray:

O Mighty Pinaud, thou who protectest all wet shavers from the ravages of uncivilized modernity, strike down the calumniators who accuse me of cavorting among felines with overly full bladders.

Seal with masking tape of high quality the mouths of those who ascribe to me an involuntary change of gender and an advancement of years even unto the grave, or at least perilously close thereto.

Guide and protect me and all my brethren (and sistern) on my way to the eternal late-nineteenth-century tonsorial establishment that awaits all wet shavers who remain true to the Oath!

Ah, men"!

Last edited:
Let us spray:

O Mighty Pinaud, thou who protectest all wet shavers from the ravages of uncivilized modernity, strike down the calumniators who accuse me of cavorting among felines with overly full bladders.

Seal with masking tape of high quality the mouths of those who ascribe to me an involuntary change of gender and an advancement of years even unto the grave, or at least perilously close thereto.

Guide and protect me and all my brethren (and sistern) on my way to the eternal late-nineteenth-century tonsorial establishment that awaits all wet shavers who remain true to the Oath!

Ah, men"!
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

This is outstanding.

attachment.php

proxy.php
"Let us spray:

Ah, men"!
[/QUOTE]

Congratulations are in order for that excellent post.

For me it is usually Clubman Fridays, Clubman Saturday's and Clubman Wednesdays'

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis

attachment.php

proxy.php
"Let us spray:

Ah, men"!

Congratulations are in order for that excellent post.

For me it is usually Clubman Fridays, Clubman Saturday's and Clubman Wednesdays'
Pepin:
Thanx for your support and for sharing! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Hard work is the aftershave [and eau de cologne] of accomplishment". Author Unknown

I like the Clubman, but I keep going back to the Pinaud Bay Rum. I've never seen in in a store, so I buy it online. Great scent and very affordable.

Top Bottom