What's new

Clubman for nicks and cuts

While checking out the local CVS near my house I came upon several "Clubman" products and noticed their "Nick Relief" pen. It is a little bit bigger or about the same size of a Vick's inhaler.

Well, curiosity got to me as I really hate those styptic pens so I picked one up. I think everyone who is a serious shaver should have this great little product in their medicine cabinet just in case. It really works well and is not messy at all. It is in a liquid form, all you have to do is press it against the cut and bingo the liquid takes care of any bleeding. All you need to do after is run a little warm water over the tip to rinse it out. It says on the tube that it is 46% aluminum sulfate; I would assume the rest of is made up of witch hazel.

I've had one of these for a while. I much prefer it over the standard styptic pencil. Luckily, it's not something I need very often, but when I do, it's a handy tool. The size is identical to a Chap-Stick.

Randy

Thanks for the recommendation Joe.

My styptic pencil is starting to look like... well, a styptic pencil covered in nasty dried blood. I'll keep my eye out for this.

-Nick

Randy,

Thanks for posting that. I'm about to order some strop pastes and a few other odds and ends from Ray...guess I have another item for the shopping cart!

Randy

Randy,
I find it works the best. Admittedly, I've never used the infalab liquid stuff though. It says that the infalab powder is supossed to blend in with your skin and not leave any residue, but it still does. Also I would be careful. I thik I remember reading somewhere that the infalab powder can stain clothes. I've never seen any evidence of this though. I suppose if you pour the powder on your shirt or something like that.

rschul2 said:
Randy,
I find it works the best. Admittedly, I've never used the infalab liquid stuff though. It says that the infalab powder is supossed to blend in with your skin and not leave any residue, but it still does. Also I would be careful. I thik I remember reading somewhere that the infalab powder can stain clothes. I've never seen any evidence of this though. I suppose if you pour the powder on your shirt or something like that.

Randy:

I too have the infalab powder it certainly does leave a visible residue. It may be my least favorite of my OOPS solutions. I did stop by CVS yesterday after reading this thread and bought some Clubman. While I'd like to take one for the team just to try it out, I think I'll just wait for an accident!:eek:

Jerry

Nick said:
Thanks for the recommendation Joe.

My styptic pencil is starting to look like... well, a styptic pencil covered in nasty dried blood. I'll keep my eye out for this.

-Nick

Nick, I rinse off my styptic pencil after I use it for this very reason. Although, perhaps if I had to look at the bloody residue from the last time I gashed myself enough to need the styptic pencil, it might motivate me to be more careful when I shave! (Fortunately, I don't need it very often anymore.)

Mike

I bought this product at a drugstore about a month ago while on a business trip. I had been using a traditional styptic (also by Pinaud) but have found the liquid to stop the bleeding a little more quickly. It is also not quite as visible on the skin.

Kyle

Kyle said:
I bought this product at a drugstore about a month ago while on a business trip. I had been using a traditional styptic (also by Pinaud) but have found the liquid to stop the bleeding a little more quickly. It is also not quite as visible on the skin.

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

I concur with you 110%, it does act more quickly than a typical styptic and is in fact invisible when compared to the "dreaded" white pencil. I was wondering though, if one is bleeding or cut it would make more sense to put the nick relief on before the AS balm/lotion right?

farangzookzon,

If you put the nick relief on first, you have to wait a good ten minutes before applying balm or you can cause the nick to reopen. If you wait until after the balm, you end up with the visible "chalk". I usually get impatient & put the balm on too soon after the nick relief and then end up reapplying both several times before all is well. Thank goodness I only manage to nick myself once every 4 or 5 shaves.

Kyle

I had to use this just yesterday when I sliced open my upper lip with a pass that was a bit too fast. I find this works fantastic for small nicks and cuts, but if you really dig into yourself and the blood letting begins, it's pretty much useless.

I like it the best though.

Top Bottom