What's new

Clubman Country Club shampoo, great stuff.

Never thought I'd buy shampoo online, but I threw a bottle of this in my "cart" before checking out during a recent online purchase. For under $5 it seemed a worthwhile "try" of something that I was curious about.

$ccsham.jpg

First thing I noticed is the size of the bottle: huge. 16 ounces for about $4.50, or roughly 28 cents per ounce. The next thing I noticed upon flipping open the nozzle at the top was the scent. The classic Clubman scent from the hair gel, the talc and the aftershave. Nice! Smells great as you lather it up, leaves behind a subtle scent after rinsing. You only need a quarter-sized amount for a decent head of suds, it has a very thick consistency. The bottle is nice as well, flip up nozzle allows you to dispense the exact amount without wasting any. It's flat on top so you can store it upside down as you get near the bottom to get the last drops out.

I've read reviews where people complained about their hair being dried out by this shampoo. Haven't had that problem. I use a conditioner and some Lucky Tiger hair tonic and my hair is not dry at all. As a bonus, I've noticed that my hair feels thicker and somehow more healthy since I've been using this for the past two weeks.

So in summary: Inexpensive, a good value; great scent; makes your hair feel thick and healthy; combine with conditioner and/or hair tonic to avoid dryness.

Now if I can only find a brick and mortar store to buy some when I run out. Ordering online can get to be a pain.

You're right...it should be in stores. I ordered online, and it will be quite a while before I need more. I use it mainly in the fall&winter seasons, and I have 1 1/2 bottles to go.

I had this on my wish list for a long time and finally got some a week or so ago. I was going to get it from Amazon (prime with free shipping) for something like $9 and was ok with that price since all the aftershaves are in that range. I happen to read a review that mentioned lower prices at drug stores. Of course none of our local stores carry this so I ordered from Walgreens online...The shampoo was only $4-$5 but I filled my cart with $30 of Pinuad Aftershaves to get free shipping (had to save the $5 they were going to charge me).

I am very happy I got it though, your description is dead on, great stuff. I would say a decent value at $9 but for sure a must have at $5.

I don't know you have any discount beauty/barbershop supply stores near you, if so, try there. We have them all over the place in North Carolina and they seem to stock most of the Clubman line, check out this old post: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...eigh-Garner-NC-area?highlight=discount+beauty

Maybe you have some place like this close by.
I am extremely jealous, here on Long Island there are no stores other than big box or chain drug stores and the usual poor selection of products on the shelves. Pasteur Pharmacy in midtown Manhattan is probably my only choice. Even the Sally Beauty store here is pathetic in terms of men's shaving and grooming products.

On the other hand, the lack of actual stores with good product selection has probably saved me hundred of dollars and possibly my marriage. :laugh:

I had this on my wish list for a long time and finally got some a week or so ago. I was going to get it from Amazon (prime with free shipping) for something like $9 and was ok with that price since all the aftershaves are in that range. I happen to read a review that mentioned lower prices at drug stores. Of course none of our local stores carry this so I ordered from Walgreens online...The shampoo was only $4-$5 but I filled my cart with $30 of Pinuad Aftershaves to get free shipping (had to save the $5 they were going to charge me).

I am very happy I got it though, your description is dead on, great stuff. I would say a decent value at $9 but for sure a must have at $5.
Any future order from WC Shaving by me will include a bottle of this shampoo for $4.50. A steal at this price.

I am extremely jealous, here on Long Island there are no stores other than big box or chain drug stores and the usual poor selection of products on the shelves. Pasteur Pharmacy in midtown Manhattan is probably my only choice. Even the Sally Beauty store here is pathetic in terms of men's shaving and grooming products.

On the other hand, the lack of actual stores with good product selection has probably saved me hundred of dollars and possibly my marriage. :laugh:

I don't know man, Pasteurs is pretty amazing, I would definitely trade you that store for it.

I got my bottle yesterday and the shampoo is awsome! A day after washing my hair and I still can get its smell when I pass my hand in my hair. But for me too it is drYing my hair a lot and will have to resort to conditioner.

I have to order it online me too. Here, any grooming products for men in brick stores is limited to the major brands (men care, axe...) and the same goes for shaving supplies. The Internet is not the best as I like to touch what I want to buy but there is selection.

I will buy this shampoo again

I got my bottle yesterday and the shampoo is awsome! A day after washing my hair and I still can get its smell when I pass my hand in my hair. But for me too it is drYing my hair a lot and will have to resort to conditioner.
Same here. It cleans like nobody's business but if I don't follow it with conditioner, it makes my scalp itch.

I am very pleased with this product but it doesn't smell like the aftershave to me at all. Just smells soapy!

Makes a great bubble bath too.

Wish that I could find it locally.

Does Sallly's have it?

Tedolph

Top Bottom