What's new

Clubman Classic Vanilla > The Original Clubman

I know this is controversial and may be blasphemous to some. Heck, I would have said the same until recently. However, I recently got my first bottle of Clubman's Classic Vanilla and have been "smitten" with it since. The performance is identical to the original Clubman, but the Classic Vanilla scent, to me, is better.

The scent is hard to put into words. Unlike some, I actually do get vanilla. It isn't overly vanilla, like Stirling's Barbershop or Hub City's Red Cabin in the Woods - both of which, I like a lot - but it's there, to me at least. I think it's less lemony or citrusy than the original Clubman. It's a little less powdery, but still a barbershop-type scent. I'd say it's lighter and it gives off a "cleaner" scent to me.

What say you all?

I really like CV as well. I DO get vanilla in there too, but there's also a perfume scent I can't quite put my finger on. I also think it pairs remarkably well with Avon's Mesmerize cologne for men. Plus, if you haven't tried it, Bootlegger's El Dorado is one of my all time favorites (a mash up of Clubman Special Reserve, Classic Vanilla, and Dana'sEnglish Leather).

I've used it over many years - it's great. I don't get any vanilla out of it, though. It has a bit of a "modern" vibe while still having that Clubman character.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I know this is controversial and may be blasphemous to some. Heck, I would have said the same until recently. However, I recently got my first bottle of Clubman's Classic Vanilla and have been "smitten" with it since. The performance is identical to the original Clubman, but the Classic Vanilla scent, to me, is better.

The scent is hard to put into words. Unlike some, I actually do get vanilla. It isn't overly vanilla, like Stirling's Barbershop or Hub City's Red Cabin in the Woods - both of which, I like a lot - but it's there, to me at least. I think it's less lemony or citrusy than the original Clubman. It's a little less powdery, but still a barbershop-type scent. I'd say it's lighter and it gives off a "cleaner" scent to me.

What say you all?

I always preferred the Classic Vanilla to the Regular Clubman. YMMV.

My vanilla(and citrus musk) will be here tomorrow. I've loved all of their stuff so far, except for Special Reserve. Not sure what it is.

The original will always be special to me for nostalgia (and also because I just like it), but all other things being equal I think the Vanilla one is the best of its type. Musk is also underappreciated.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The only thing I prefer the original over the vanilla is from a longevity perspective. The vanilla is very, very fleeting...kinda like their Virgin Island Bay Rum. The Original Pinaud Clubman has some legs in my experience. But...it's all aftershave...so scent is not really meant to last long.

Getting a sample of it has always been on my list. Can't wait to try it one of these days.

Clubman.com had a 50% off sale at the end of last year. I think the 1.7 oz. bottle was $2 and the 6 oz. bottle was $4.50.

The Clubman shaving soap is based on the scent of Clubman Vanilla.

Clubman Vanilla is a goto for me with my cella soap. Just a bit of sweet. And wife approved. That said if I had to choose, Pinaud Clubman.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I like the vanilla but I don’t really pick up that scent. Not a fan of the classic one. Probably reminds me of that past era. Like canoe cologne.

Top Bottom