What's new

Clubman=brut=canoe

During a recent foray at Wallymart I picked up a bottle of Canoe. I honestly cannot tell any difference between Brut, Canoe and Pinaud Clubman. Does anyone else have the same impression? For the money, the nice AS effect and the lasting scent it would seem Clubman wins hands down.

Kind sir, I shall refrain from violence or foul words in my response :lol:

but........ brut and canoe are in no way in the same category as the beloved, cherished and possibly bottled by the big man upstairs himself... CLUBMAN.

just my .02

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
No, I do not have that impression. I think you have some work to do.

but........ brut and canoe are in no way in the same category as the beloved, cherished and possibly bottled by the big man upstairs himself... CLUBMAN.

just my .02

This.

How can you not tell a difference? They smell differently. You might need to invest in a neti pot.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQm7YpxgOnA[/YOUTUBE]

Vast differences. Brut I cannot wear (bergmont is unpleasent on me) and Clubman is a favorite (I seem to love oakmoss). Canoe I have not tried.

Phil

just my .02

+2 NOTHING compares to Clubman!

They are all from the same fragrance family (they are all Fougère), so they certainly contain some similar fragrance notes, however, they are three distinct fragrances.

Avon Wild Country also fits this same family.

Of the four, I think Brut is the most distinct, and quite different from the other three. :tongue_sm The other three may smell very similar in the opening notes, but the drydown is quite different (especially for Wild Country which drys down to a baby powder type smell).

They are all from the same fragrance family (they are all Fougère), so they certainly contain some similar fragrance notes, however, they are three distinct fragrances.

Of the four, I think Brut is the most distinct, and quite different from the other three. :tongue_sm The other three may smell very similar in the opening notes, but the drydown is quite different (especially for Wild Country which drys down to a baby powder type smell).

Haven't tried Clubman yet, Love Brut, Canoe was too flowery, was it reformulated? and the Wild Country makes a nice car freshener but was too sweet as a cologne.

kind sir, i shall refrain from violence or foul words in my response :lol:

But........ Brut and canoe are in no way in the same category as the beloved, cherished and possibly bottled by the big man upstairs himself... Clubman.

Just my .02

+3

I would agree that there are some very similar notes in the three.

And those three are the "holy trinity" of my Father's scents. Brut for work, canoe and CLubman for special occasions.

Ah! This may be the reason. I put them on, they smell the same probably because I am smelling the opening notes-by the time they drydown I have experienced sensory fatigue and don't really smell them. I should try them on someone else-hmm-my wife won't, my son says they are for old men-maybe one of the Pugs...Toby, Jasper, would you guys do me a favor? (Now, lets hope there are no accidents with anal glands, could turn me off Fougeres forever!!!:blink::blushing::lol:

Top Bottom