What's new

Clubman 2 in 1 Beard Conditioner [Review]

I picked up this from my local Sallys a few weeks ago. I had gone for the oil but ended up with the conditioner. Since I have a few Oils, this conditioner was something new, and at 7 bucks was worth a gamble.

Scent: Nope, nothing to see here. There is no delicious 'Clubman', only a very light powdery scent, which I have a feeling, mimics the new Soaps/Creams they came out with [they share packaging design similarities]. I wish it was slightly more strongly scented, but none the less the smell is light. and fades after about 10-15 min.

Texture: Exactly like you would expect a conditioner to be like I guess. Almost like a light body lotion consistency.

Usage [what you probably actually care about]: I take about a dime sized amount and kind of rub it into my finger tips before applying to my beard. When I first applied it I was worried. "Uh oh this literally looks like me putting hand lotion in my beard and im gunna have white tips/crusty beard" I was thankfully mistaken. After 5-10 seconds of working the conditioner in with my finger tips it was completely gone. I then used a comb a little to straighten everything out. My beard definitely 'looked' better, more conformed and with less stragglers.

The REAL test was the GF test. Which definitely passed... "did you use a new oil? your beard is really soft". I think that tells you all you need to know.

I use it pretty much daily now in the evening. I still use oil in the morning out of the shower because of the cold this time of year, but the conditioner in the evening has been a really good one-two punch in these cold months.

[for reference i have a tight beard cut close to chin line, shaved neck and checks]

I think the light fading frag is a plus, honestly. I was given a sample of another conditioner that the scent is too strong, lingering, and flowery for my taste. Luckily it's only a sample, so I won't feel bad not using it up. I'll have to check my local Sallys and see if they have the Clubman.

The beard conditioner is good stuff, I haven't got around to trying the oil or the balm yet, they're on my list. But my routine is similar to yours, oil in the morning, conditioner at night. I don't use it every night, probably 4 or 5 nights out of the week. It works well for me and its the first beard product I ever purchased.

I didn't even know this stuff came out! How did I not hear about this?! :blink:

Since I wear a beard in the winter I'm definitely going to pick some up soon. I need a new comb from sally's anyway.

Last edited:
Well, I stopped by my local Sally Beauty with the lady in tow and I was pretty sad.

They were completely out of stock of all the new beard products, and according to the young woman that worked there they are not going to be restocking it (I'm hoping this isn't true).

Well, I stopped by my local Sally Beauty with the lady in tow and I was pretty sad.

They were completely out of stock of all the new beard products, and according to the young woman that worked there they are not going to be restocking it (I'm hoping this isn't true).

To the Internets!

We sold out in under 2 months, but aren't restocking. Booooooooo! Makes no sense to not restock items that sell out.

A though this makes me worried I might need to stick up.

Got a tube at the RiteAid the other day. I've used it twice, and it seems to work at calming down the copious stray hairs that sometimes make my full, longish beard look like I've just put my finger in a light socket. Softens, too. I've used Beard Balm at other times, and, while I like its scent, its "taming" effect doesn't work as well (although it's still very good).
Speaking of scent, is the scent of the Clubman conditioner the same as Clubman aftershave? Someone above said there's not much scent, but I do notice it. The conditioner smell fades after a while, but I like it. I don't remember what Clubman smells like, since I haven't used it since high school (not a reflection on Clubman; I just took to British Sterling and other colognes and aftershaves -- if I use a cologne these days, it's usually bay rum or Guerlain Vetiver).

Top Bottom