What's new

"Club Clubman"

Greetings from Mendel & Gilligan,

98% of the time I use an aftershave balm. However, this morning I decided to use my infrequently used bottle of Clubman. I love it! To that end, I have decided to create this thread titled, "Club Clubman". If you too enjoy using Clubman, this is the thread for you. Tell us more about your use of Clubman products. BTW, I also enjoy using Clubman talc. It reminds me of fond childhood memories of going to the barber with my late father.

proxy.php

Caveat: I have NOT embraced the VEG...it still reminds me of cat pee.

I have a wide variety of clubman A/S's and use their Talc powder daily for over 20 years! I love their products! High quality for a good value! Reminiscent of a better yesteryear!!!

Greetings from Mendel & Gilligan,

98% of the time I use an aftershave balm. However, this morning I decided to use my infrequently used bottle of Clubman. I love it! To that end, I have decided to create this thread titled, "Club Clubman". If you too enjoy using Clubman, this is the thread for you. Tell us more about your use of Clubman products. BTW, I also enjoy using Clubman talc. It reminds me of fond childhood memories of going to the barber with my late father.

proxy.php

Caveat: I have NOT embraced the VEG...it still reminds me of cat pee.

Well, I see you're from Pa. I'm about 10 miles north of Allentown.
So in honor of a neighbor I will call tomorrow "Mendel Monday" and slap on the ole' Clubman.

I'm a dyed in the wool member. The regular Clubman AS is extremely soothing, just like my standby, Aqua Velva. I love OS for its manly heritage but the AS doesn't hold a candle for me to the Club. I also use that talc most of the time, with the Gold Bond or other taking a distant second. The talc is pure luxury - the smell is great, it feels awesome - awesome stuff.

Of course I now consider the Bay Rum to be the sanctified standard for the Christmas season, considering it basically smells like pumpkin pie spice!

I've tried virtually every single Pinaud AS/fragrance but the Club is so good, it needs its own haiku.

I only have 2 aftershaves - Aqua Velva and a recent purchase of Clubman. So far to my nose Clubman is the winner. I like the citrus overtones and it passed the SWMBO test also.

Now I want to find the vanilla.

I love Clubman splash and talc. My childhood barber used both when he finished cutting my hair. I always have the aftershave in my shave den.

How about the Clubmman trifecta - Shower first with Clubman Country Club shampoo, followup with Clubman talc and follow up the shave with Clubman AS !
Happy Happy Happy!
$yhst-16274294850213_2220_1771914__79507.1344354251.1280.1280.jpg

I use Special Reserve everyday. It just reminds me of childhood visits to the barber shop I guess. Everytime I open the medicine cabinet and it hits me I just have to splash some on...

I received a bottle of the Clubman Musk as part of a trade, it was basically tossed in to help even the trade out a bit. it wasn't anything I was looking for, so I got the new unopened bottle and put it into the stockpile shelf, still unopened.

Couple months later I was rearranging the stock, and noticed it. Grabbed it, opened it, and gave it a whiff, and I was suddenly like 10 years old again, in the barbershop that was next door to my Grandmother's jewelry store.

I'm a fan now, and after my restraint is done, I will be getting some Special Reserve, and probably the standard as well to test out. I know the Musk will always be on my shelf from now on.

Clubman is my go-to, as well. I dig the Veg (it just works with my body chemistry, and SWMBO digs it), but Clubman is my favorite by far. I have a pretty decent arsenal of A/S, but they are mostly Nivea/balms/"designer" brands because I got away from the "traditional"-type A/S's in the 80's. In the last few months of acclimating myself with DE/SE shaving, and with the wealth of information and knowledge here at B&B, I have re-discovered all of these great A/S's that have been around forever.

I hope to acquire the rest of the Pinaud/Clubman line in the near future. But no matter how many bottles my ASAD leaves me with, the original Clubman will remain at the top of my list.

And BTW...will there be another acronym for this club to put in our signature line as well?

If you like the scent of Clubman but prefer a balm, try Avon Wild Country balm. Identical scent to Clubman but it is an aftershave balm.

I will double up with the balm followed up by Clubmam. VERY soothing and double the scent :001_smile

proxy.php

proxy.php

I love Clubman. It is generally my go-to AS. For that matter, I don't think there is a bad Pinaud product. At least I haven't found one yet. Some are better than others, but heck, I'm even chosen!

That said, I always follow my AS with and ASB after the dry down. Gotta keep that skin moisturized.

Can't wait for the Count of Merkur Cristo to endorse this thread! :thumbup:

I'm a big fan of regular Clubman, Vanilla and Special Reserve. I use the talc every so often, I agree that it does remind me of barbershop haircuts with my late father, good times...

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Right here Ed at your 'call' (and it's nice to be recognized also), and I endorse this Thread! :thumbsup:

My one & only 'go-to' scent is Citrus Musk Eau de Cologne. The addition of about 10 drops of glycerin per 6oz bottle greatly increases the moisturizing and toning aspects plus the addition of about 3oz Royall Lyme 'kicks' this eau de cologne 'up a notch'!
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Hard work is the aftershave [and eau de cologne] of accomplishment". Author Unknown

Last edited:
I have 7 AS's, Talc, Deodorant, Shampoo and Alum stick. You are preaching to the converted here mate :001_tt1: Also another 4 bottles of Clubman original in case I get low.

Top Bottom