What's new

Clothes Storage

For those of you who pack up and store clothing at the end of a season, what is your method of storage? I've been reading some about this and it seems that most recommendations are to (1) clean the clothing first and (2) store it in either plastic bins or in cloth storage bags. I also give away any seasonal clothes that I haven't worn.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
For those of you who pack up and store clothing at the end of a season, what is your method of storage? I've been reading some about this and it seems that most recommendations are to (1) clean the clothing first and (2) store it in either plastic bins or in cloth storage bags. I also give away any seasonal clothes that I haven't worn.
We do much the same as you. Put out of season clothes in big plastic totes and store in my barn.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I just use big cheap stripey bags from the cheap shop and then place a few cakes of cheap soap in the bottom. It is supposed to make the clothes smell nice and also keep out insects. For clothes stored for a long period of time I would use moth or cedar balls instead of the cakes of soap.

Top Bottom