What's new

Closing out one of our scents

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks guys. Over the course of six years the sales had been declining in spite of us giving away free samples with purchase and doing our best to support it as we do with all products. Guys were trying it and not buying it, it was that simple. Yes, we had regular customers but there does need to be critical mass for a manufacturer to keep a line going. We use mostly essential oils and extracts and those have a shelf life, there are many aspects to a product line that come to bear. In the end it was an easy decision but only arrived at after much thought.

As to new scents, The Captain is at work. The hope is that there will be some free samples needing feedback on. So subscribe to our sub-forum here or keep an eye out for a sign up. This will not be for some months I imagine. Am pondering a menthol aftershave. What do you think? I have what I think is a pretty cool name picked out that reflects the vibe here at Captain's Choice but it will be under wraps until the last minute.
Dear Captain
Could you clarify?
"We use mostly essential oils and extracts and those have a shelf life"

What is the shelf life on the aftershave? Does it go bad or something

Im asking for a friend who might be stockpiling.....

Thanks guys. Over the course of six years the sales had been declining in spite of us giving away free samples with purchase and doing our best to support it as we do with all products. Guys were trying it and not buying it, it was that simple. Yes, we had regular customers but there does need to be critical mass for a manufacturer to keep a line going. We use mostly essential oils and extracts and those have a shelf life, there are many aspects to a product line that come to bear. In the end it was an easy decision but only arrived at after much thought.

As to new scents, The Captain is at work. The hope is that there will be some free samples needing feedback on. So subscribe to our sub-forum here or keep an eye out for a sign up. This will not be for some months I imagine. Am pondering a menthol aftershave. What do you think? I have what I think is a pretty cool name picked out that reflects the vibe here at Captain's Choice but it will be under wraps until the last minute.

How do I subscibe to your subforum

Dear Captain
Could you clarify? "We use mostly essential oils and extracts and those have a shelf life" What is the shelf life on the aftershave? Does it go bad or something. Im asking for a friend who might be stockpiling.....

Shelf life of CC creams, soaps, and balms?

I have aftershave set aside from eight years ago and it works great. The glycerin settles out and a quick shake puts it right back into suspension. Since it is alcohol based the aftershave has many many years on its life. The forum here is full of guys who have vintage alcohol based aftershaves that perform fine. Likewise shaving soaps - it is soap. The scent may have faded but performance on our old tubs I have set aside is right where you would expect a new tub to be.

I don't know - can anyone help out here. It seems you might need to go under your account settings but not sure. Contact a moderator, they will help out.

Click and open the Captain's Choice forum and look for "watch forum" in the upper right side of the page, it is to the right of the ad banner, and click on it. If you want to know if any new threads are on the forum on the tool bar towards the top click watched forums tab and then click on the forum.

If you want to watch a thread without posting to it by doing the same thing by clicking watch thread. By posting to a thread you automatically watch it.

I do really like the scent of North, reminds me of a fresh cut Christmas tree. To me it is a seasonal soap. It is like any other soap I have and that is I don't use them up in order to buy another tub. I will probably need to order the AS before they are all gone.

As far as menthol I am not a fan of it. So not sure it would be something I would buy if it is loaded with it. I have bought and tried all the scents and Bay Rum was my favorite until I picked up Venture, I love that. I hope that it is still around if I ever use up the tub to replace it with a new one.

Thanks for that I'm watching the forum now

You are welcome.

I guess I don't use that option myself. I do use the watch thread once in a while if I want to watch one I don't post to. First thing I do everyday when I sign into B&B is click Watched Threads button at the top. Any threads that I am watching, if they have been posted to, are on the list.

Top Bottom