What's new

Closing out one of our scents

After much thought we have decided to close out our scent North in all product lines - aftershave, shaving soap, shave cream, and balm. Although it had regular customers and outright fans the sales have not been where they need to be for several years now. When they are gone, they are gone. If you like this one stock up now!

Check it out right here: All Products — Captain's Choice

10465_034_Tif.jpg

Wow, North is probably the best best Captain scent out there. It is sad to see it go.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Thanks for the sentiments guys. Our retailers have been snapping it up like a kid eating cotton candy. I do still have a few aftershave, a few soap, more of the cream and more of the balm left. My guess is that in two days it will only be the cream and balm left.

Very surprised to see this. A terrific scent! Hope to see it back some day.

Any new scents on the horizon down the road?

Any new scents on the horizon down the road?

Yeah, anything new in the pipeline?

Surprised that it wasn't more broadly popular.

Wow, North is probably the best best Captain scent out there. It is sad to see it go.

Too bad a fantastic winter flavor

i just tried an aftershave sample of this recently and think it's great...wife likes it alot too.

say it ain't so!

Nooooooooo! North is my favorite scent.

Thanks guys. Over the course of six years the sales had been declining in spite of us giving away free samples with purchase and doing our best to support it as we do with all products. Guys were trying it and not buying it, it was that simple. Yes, we had regular customers but there does need to be critical mass for a manufacturer to keep a line going. We use mostly essential oils and extracts and those have a shelf life, there are many aspects to a product line that come to bear. In the end it was an easy decision but only arrived at after much thought.

As to new scents, The Captain is at work. The hope is that there will be some free samples needing feedback on. So subscribe to our sub-forum here or keep an eye out for a sign up. This will not be for some months I imagine. Am pondering a menthol aftershave. What do you think? I have what I think is a pretty cool name picked out that reflects the vibe here at Captain's Choice but it will be under wraps until the last minute.

What is North's fragrance?

Juniper predominates but not exclusively. It is a blend of essential oils and extracts.

Unrelated but we needed to reorder juniper essential oil several years ago. We were informed that supplies had been cut off due to, "Civil unrest in Croatia." My first thought was, "What the...? This is it, the only place is C-R-O-A-T-I-A? Honestly people, I have a business to run - let's get this figured out!" :001_rolle

Juniper predominates but not exclusively. It is a blend of essential oils and extracts.

Unrelated but we needed to reorder juniper essential oil several years ago. We were informed that supplies had been cut off due to, "Civil unrest in Croatia." My first thought was, "What the...? This is it, the only place is C-R-O-A-T-I-A? Honestly people, I have a business to run - let's get this figured out!" :001_rolle
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Top Bottom