What's new

Closest SE to Bic Metal?

As the title states, I’m a big fan of this little disposable as of late . The shave seems very intuitive to me and it allows me to get extremely close to my beard lines. Does anyone know of a razor that’s extremely similar , but isn’t plastic ? I am very environmentally cautious and feel guiltily using disposables. Plus, they add up price wise over time at .50 cents per disposable.

There are three main flavors of SE razors... Those like a Mongoose, RazoRock Hawk or Blackland Saber that use the 2" blades that are not cheap, the ones that use a DE blade snapped in half or those that use Schick injector style blade...

The Schick injector style is probably going to be closest in feel and performance to the Bic... and the blades are a good value.

Look at the Supply Provisions Co. Classic SE razor. I've never tried one but have read good things about them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

There are three main flavors of SE razors... Those like a Mongoose, RazoRock Hawk or Blackland Saber that use the 2" blades that are not cheap, the ones that use a DE blade snapped in half or those that use Schick injector style blade...

The Schick injector style is probably going to be closest in feel and performance to the Bic... and the blades are a good value.

Look at the Supply Provisions Co. Classic SE razor. I've never tried one but have read good things about them.

I know of that razor however I like a nimble head in an effort to reach tight spots. I’m not concerned with the blade price or blade style necessary. I think a high quality option with something similar to a bic metal would make me very content. I was almost wondering if the RR Hawk V2 would be a good option . If not, maybe finding a Asylum Rx?

I have been using an Occam O.R.E.N. for the past couple of years and love it. It has a very nimble minimalist head. I have thought of getting another SE razor but this one shaves so awesome I don't know if another would shave as well or be worth the investment. As for blades. Feather Artist Club Pro Guard or KAI Captain Titan Mild Pink. Both are terrific and give great shaves

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Here is a razor that is fairly inexpensive at a antique store or _bay that will out do most disposables and can be cleaned also on some models. The Schick adjustable injector M models I suggest because you can dial in your shave and blades are still made for them. You can even get Twin or single edge blades that will fit that razor also and are made of metal(easy on the environment). The twin blades are the first multi blade system before plastic took over and are just as good but for only 1 or 2 days growth IMO( they would plug up for longer growth) . They are well made from the 1970's , there might be a little learning curve. Start with single blades and if you shave daily you could go with the twin blades.
I shaved with cartridge for over 35 years and know most of the different razor blade systems out there and this should appeal to you. Here is my M3 injector that I purchased for around $35 Canadian delivered to Canada.
Schick injector M3 adjustable razor MFG 1970-72 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Personally never used an ATT SE razor, but I do have an ATT Atlas S1 (DE slant). My ATT razor is impeccably crafted, visually perfect and shaves great. I would think the same would hold true for the SE1 or SE2 in the stainless steel. Probably similar craftsmanship and durability for the aluminum version, just lighter in weight and colored differently.

Sounds like a solid choice... In my earlier post I did forget the GEM blade razors like an Above The Tie G1... But with the thicker stiffer blade probably nothing like the Vector or Bic.

Any of the classic double edge, single edge, or injector razors will give you a nice beard line. Your technique will vary from using the disposable but once you get used to them you will do fine. I think to give you a similar experience one of the vintage Schick injectors should come closest. Supply Provisions makes a razor in the injector style. I haven't used one but they are quite a bit heavier than the vintage Schicks.

Any of the classic double edge, single edge, or injector razors will give you a nice beard line. Your technique will vary from using the disposable but once you get used to them you will do fine. I think to give you a similar experience one of the vintage Schick injectors should come closest. Supply Provisions makes a razor in the injector style. I haven't used one but they are quite a bit heavier than the vintage Schicks.
More so than the Blackland Vector? To my eye, the AC blade sits a touch closer to the edge and provides the better option to edge a tight beard line. I could be wrong though!

More so than the Blackland Vector? To my eye, the AC blade sits a touch closer to the edge and provides the better option to edge a tight beard line. I could be wrong though!
I can’t help you with the Blackland as I haven’t seen one. Just saying that the DEs and injectors work just fine for me on the beard line. I’ve even gotten compliments on my beard line from my barber.

Top Bottom