What's new

Closer shaves or a scared beard?

So I've been wet shaving for about 6 months now and have been getting incredible shaves. For the past 3 months, I've been able to get a BBS shave consistently. However, lately, I've noticed that my face isn't nearly as rough in the morning. Have I somehow been able to get even closer shaves recently, even though BBS is BBS? Or is my beard changing to accommodate my shaving routine. Is it just getting scared of the DE blade?

I've been noticing the same thing lately, although I've only been at it 3 months or so. I was almost going to post a thread called "Are my shaves TOO close?"

Good to know that I'm not alone.

This issue is a well kept secret... The BBS visage usually leads to a significant increase in intimate liasons with the fairer sex. The testosterone that normally would have been involved in beard generation is now applied to more PRODUCTIVE activities.:wink:

Ron's comments notwithstanding, I think it is more likely you are seeing seasonal variation in your hair growth patterns.

Part of the reason why your face isn't AS rough as it used to be is because you are getting a better, closer shave. I've experienced the same thing. My face, before I started dabbling in the perpetual doom of my wallet called "wetshaving", was like sandpaper every morning. So at any rate, when I started wetshaving and getting my technique down, my face is noticeably less rough in the mornings. Now, if I don't shave in the morning, by around noon, my face feels bad bad bad.

S

Sam

Im gonna go with Ron and say that if the hair on my face aint growing, well, dont come a knocking if you hear mama rockin, lol

Sam

guenron said:
This issue is a well kept secret... The BBS visage usually leads to a significant increase in intimate liasons with the fairer sex. The testosterone that normally would have been involved in beard generation is now applied to more PRODUCTIVE activities.:wink:

My extra testosterone is countered by an eight-month pregnant wife. So that can't be the reason.

I wonder if I never noticed seasonal changes with my beard because it was always rough before.

Hmmm... I don't know about the seasonal variations.. I should be shedding now? Bearding up in October? Even worse, what about going to the Southern hemisphere? Argh! My poor barbae. At best confused, they are mown down by flashing steel and put to rest.:w00t:

Top Bottom