What's new

**CLOSED** Toothpick's Beard Oil Giveway! **CLOSED**

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Welcome to Toothpick's Beard Oil Giveaway!

Here's the scoop, I've got more beard oil than I'll ever use. Or rather, use up before it goes bad. And trust me....beard oil does go bad...pee-yew!

So I bought these nifty little vials and I decanted a bunch of samples. The vials are 1 dram (4ml) with a squeezy dropper thingy. I've got 8 different beard oils and you'll get a sample of each one. But, not a full 4ml because I'd like a few folks to have the chance to try all these oils. So they are about half full (give or take). But even at half full I estimate a fella could get at least 3 good uses. Enough to decide if you like it or not.

Here are some fine details that will be important to each winner: I put a letter on each vial. Each letter is on a sheet of paper that tells you what beard oil it is and the ingredients. I pulled the photos and ingredient list from the web.

This will be open to anyone worldwide. I will pick a winner every 1-2 weeks until I've got no beard oil left to decant. Could be 5 winners...could be 15 winners. Who knows!
Everyone that enters will be eligible for every drawing.

How To Enter:

A simple "I'm in" will not work for this PIF. No way! This is taking me a considerable amount of time to put this PIF together and I want a return on my investment. But I'm a reasonable man, so I won't ask you for much......

All I ask is that you share a little about your beard and what beard oils you've used. How long have you been growing a beard? What oils have you used? What are your favorites? What's your method for applying? How do you take care of your beard? Do you use any other products on your beard? Shampoo? Combs? Glitter? etc etc etc.

You don't have to answer all these questions...they are just examples of what to talk about.

You don't even have to have a full beard to get in on this! Perhaps you have a goatee that you take care of, or some fierce sideburns. You can get in on this too!

Pics of your beard/facial hair are not required and will not increase your chances of winning - but hey.. if you got it, flaunt it!

I guess that's all I got.

Oh yeah!!! The beard oils!

OK, now that's really all I got.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm going to start with saying that I'm NOT in, but this is a great PIF, and I want to thank Jason and THE BEARD for their continual generosity toward the members of this forum. In (a very minor) return, I will answer these questions regardless, and hopefully if someone is contemplating growing a beard they'll pick up a few tips and tricks before they start the journey.

My beard is relatively thick and a bit wiry/coarse. I have been growing this one for almost two months but I only had to start fresh because I got a new SR that I was dying to try.

I typically tame it with a DIY Jojoba beard oil. The most recent vial I whipped up is Eucalyptus Spearmint, which I'm enjoying right now. Other products I've used or use occasionally are Mountaineer brand oil and Honest Amish Beard Balm.

My typical application method for beard oil was to put a 3-5 drops in my hand depending on beard-length, rub them together and work the oil in then comb with my sandalwood beard/mustache comb. I have however been experimenting with the direct-to-beard method by dropping oil droplets intermittently in my beard and mustache then just combing the droplets in, which has been doing a pretty good job of keeping my beard neat and soft.

I did use a beard shampoo for a while until I realized what chemicals were in it (and in my other shampoos) and switched to Dr. Bronner's Peppermint which since it's a natural oil-based soap I use on my hair, beard, and body.

I occasionally trim my beard to maintain the shape I want by tapering the length to be longer at the chin, shorter under the chin, and faded inward toward the sideburns in order to emphasize my jawline more and keep my head from looking wider than it really is. For any "Beard Noobs" reading this, don't trim your beard too early, let it grow for a month or two before you touch it!

Hope this was helpful to someone!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Thanks for sharing, Zach! Jojaba oil is in all but 2 of the beard oils I have. I'd recommend not trimming at all :tongue_sm

Im in. One day my wife said you should grow out your beard and I said ok so here I am a little over a month later and still going it she even picked me up some beard oil from a local sundries place close to where we work. I usually apply about 4 drops a day onto my beard by rubbing it in with my hands. Trying some other scents and oils would be a nice. Thank you very much Jason for holding this pif!

I'm in. I've had some form of a beard since I was 19. Well I did shave it once at 20, so that would make my beard 19. I never used beard products before I started hanging around here. I now use WSP beard oil and Clubman mustache wax. I don't use much wax and I water it down and add oil so it just gives me slightest hold without feeling or looking like it has wax in it. I just use whatever shampoo is in the shower and occasionally use conditioner. Here is a pic of it last year in it's full winter glory. I'll try to get a current pic up sometime.

Attachments

• $DSCF8823.jpg
    $DSCF8823.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 91

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Im in. One day my wife said you should grow out your beard and I said ok so here I am a little over a month later and still going it she even picked me up some beard oil from a local sundries place close to where we work. I usually apply about 4 drops a day onto my beard by rubbing it in with my hands. Trying some other scents and oils would be a nice. Thank you very much Jason for holding this pif!

The lady of the house says grow a beard....you grow a beard :thumbup1:

I'm in. I've had some form of a beard since I was 19. Well I did shave it once at 20, so that would make my beard 19. I never used beard products before I started hanging around here. I now use WSP beard oil and Clubman mustache wax. I don't use much wax and I water it down and add oil so it just gives me slightest hold without feeling or looking like it has wax in it. I just use whatever shampoo is in the shower and occasionally use conditioner. Here is a pic of it last year in it's full winter glory. I'll try to get a current pic up sometime.

Nice beard! Wavy too. I notice some waves in mine from time to time. But I put 2 perms in it so that pretty much squashed the full on wave

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The lady of the house says grow a beard....you grow a beard :thumbup1:

The lady of the house said grow a beard in 1997, so I grew a beard. I think she got sick of the Mini Toothpick Me look in about a year.

Now, despite being one of the world's only sexagenarians without a single grey hair on his head, I would look like Santa Claus.

4ml per vial? I guess Jason must go through two dozen vials a day on his beard, which recently passed the Blue Mountains Honey Fungus in Oregon as the world's largest living organism.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member

First winner!!

PM inbound.

I'll put together another sampler and pick another winner in the coming weeks.

Cheers!

Package arrived today. Very nice cheat sheets and with pics and ingredient lists. Thanks! Unfortunately the seals on a few of the bottles didn't hold up well to the better cold mailbox, high today of 8. There wasn't much leaking, but it washed the labels off of four of the eight samples. I still know the Proraso, Texas Beard Co., Capt Fawcett's, and Dr K. Still plenty left to try of the others, but I will have to try to guess which ones they are, most likely will remain a mystery. I'll start with the ones I know and use one for a few days and post my thoughts.

Should I post my thoughts to this thread, your review thread, or start a new thread?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Package arrived today. Very nice cheat sheets and with pics and ingredient lists. Thanks! Unfortunately the seals on a few of the bottles didn't hold up well to the better cold mailbox, high today of 8. There wasn't much leaking, but it washed the labels off of four of the eight samples. I still know the Proraso, Texas Beard Co., Capt Fawcett's, and Dr K. Still plenty left to try of the others, but I will have to try to guess which ones they are, most likely will remain a mystery. I'll start with the ones I know and use one for a few days and post my thoughts.

Should I post my thoughts to this thread, your review thread, or start a new thread?

Crap! Sorry about that. I had those lids on tight. Probably just the bottles themselves are not designed to be shipped like that. I've got ton of them too! Gonna have to try and re-think this.

You can post the reviews where ever you like

Crap! Sorry about that. I had those lids on tight. Probably just the bottles themselves are not designed to be shipped like that. I've got ton of them too! Gonna have to try and re-think this.

You can post the reviews where ever you like
They didn't leak much just enough to wipe the marking off the glass. I think if you wrap them with masking tape, mark them on the tape them cover with scotch tape they will be OK if anything leaks. You could also do an extra mark on the outside of the bubble wrap, no oil made it out that far.

After a quick sniff of the bottles the Capt Fawcett's really stand out as the best scent. I would have never thought of black pepper to be a good beard oil scent, but wow it smells delicious. I don't pick up the patchouli, mostly pepper and cedar. It almost smells like a steak seasoning, but still very wearable, if that makes any sense.

I'll probably just post my reviews here to keep bumping it along, and see if we can get a few more guys to jump in on this PIF. I know the beard section on a shaving forum is pretty slow, but I really thought more guys would jump in on this by now.

I'm in!!!
By no means do I have as much beard as Troy, but I do rock a goatee (or Vandyke some will call it).

Same as troy, I didn't used any product on it until B&B, now I use a beeswax concoction from a local beard store, but I would love to try some oils.

Here is a mugshot for the archive...
$Mugshot 16DEC16.jpg

I've been using the Capt Fawcett's for the last few days. It's a very interesting scent. At first I really smell the black pepper. It kind of makes me want a steak and egg breakfast. After about a half hour to an hour the patchouli comes through. I'm not old enough to remember the hay day of patchouli, but have been around long enough to know the scent. It's actually nice when not used in lieu of a shower. I can catch whiffs of it for several hours sometimes it's the pepper sometimes the patchouli. I could even smell it 14 hours later when in the shower washing it out. It does a nice job softening and taming the beard too. I don't know if it works any better than the WSP I usually use, but works at least as well and the scent last longer.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That's roughly a $40.00 beard oil. I was shocked at the price. Lucky for me I won it!

It's definitely nice stuff, but I can't see myself paying that much. Lucky for me I won my sample too. :wink2: I still have enough for several more uses so I can save it for a little while anyway. I may try to find a soap or aftershave with a similar scent, hopefully something more affordable though. Now to decide which to try next.

Top Bottom