What's new

B&B LE Group buy CLOSED....announcing the 2019 Badger and Blade LE Pipe

So I finally read the whole invoice. I was confusing the invoice # with the pipe #. Invoice #29 Pipe#10 A nice round number!
Yes.... sorry about that! I wondered if that might cause confusion...???
Hopefully anyone who has ordered (or plans on ordering) a pipe reads this thread.
On the Invoice from D. R. Franc Pipes. The "Pipe Number" you will be receiving is listed under the Item Description.... it is NOT the Invoice Number.
I apologize for any confusion

So what type of tobacco blend is this pipe best suited for, if any particular type? I'm sure it will smoke well with anything selected, but is there anything one might want to dedicate this pipe to (still learning)? Possible herf considerations? @drfrancpipes pipes ?
The answer you will get to the question of "which blend/type of tobacco will be preferable in which pipe"?... will depend on who you are asking. I imagine there are endless supplies of online discussions about that very subject.
But... since you asked MY opinion.... i will give MY answer...

I, myself, am an "English guy". Well... to be more precise. I am a Latakia LOVER. Give me a blend i don't care for... i can make it palatable with a splash of the stuff. (Heck... i don't mind smoking blending latakia by itself) so.... my short answer is: "Try some Latakia-laden blends in it!"
Now... i am sure the "Burley boys" have their own opinion. And the "Va-Per patriots" are no doubt brimming with their advice. Loyalties abound with each and every tobacco!

Facts:
The pipe is thick.... wide lipped... straight... short... and made of Morta!

With a bit of searching, im sure you will come to a satisfying conclusion. But no matter which type tobacco you put in it (or decide to dedicate it to) I can guarantee it will taste smoky and delicious!

Yes.... sorry about that! I wondered if that might cause confusion...???
Hopefully anyone who has ordered (or plans on ordering) a pipe reads this thread.
On the Invoice from D. R. Franc Pipes. The "Pipe Number" you will be receiving is listed under the Item Description.... it is NOT the Invoice Number.
I apologize for any confusion
No apologies needed! I was so excited to get and pay the invoice, I simply stopped reading. I'm calling it Pipe Acquisition Deficit Disorder. It's right up there with Synaptic Junction Function Disorder. And no, I don't play a Psychologist on TV.

No apologies needed! I was so excited to get and pay the invoice, I simply stopped reading. I'm calling it Pipe Acquisition Deficit Disorder. It's right up there with Synaptic Junction Function Disorder. And no, I don't play a Psychologist on TV.
Lol! P.A.D.D.
Recommended precription...
50g tin of tobacco.
Take as needed

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Welcome, Dustin @drfrancpipes!

That is one stunner of a pipe. I also most enjoy English and other Latakia blends, so there was no way in the world I would pass this one up. I can hardly wait to fire it up.

#5 will be alive (and well) at the TL house.

Well from experience and with the tutalidge of my esteemed colleague, Micah (@Hirsute ), my first bowl will be Pembroke. This pipe is after all one of the compulsory components of the Hirsute Shuffle!

Finally tracked down my invoice (stupid email filters I created... and promptly forgot about). Invoice for pipe #2 paid.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I actually just picked up my first tin of Pembroke... cant wait to try it!
Excellent! There's something magical about Pembroke in morta... And welcome Dustin!

And count me in. I've been working a bunch and not checking in here as often so I'm late to the party, but definitely want to get in on this. Thanks to the secret cabal heading up this year's LE!

I actually just picked up my first tin of Pembroke... cant wait to try it!
For some reason, and Micah first brought it to light (pun intended) that Pembroke and Morta are an incredible match. And he was absolutely correct. And for me, Gaslight in a cob is amazing. But then I might have mutant tastebuds.

Excellent! There's something magical about Pembroke in morta... And welcome Dustin!

And count me in. I've been working a bunch and not checking in here as often so I'm late to the party, but definitely want to get in on this. Thanks to the secret cabal heading up this year's LE!
Micah I am glad you are taking some time for yourself. And I am glad that you are choosing to spend some of it here with us! Before you can take care of others, you must take care of yourself! :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The answer you will get to the question of "which blend/type of tobacco will be preferable in which pipe"?... will depend on who you are asking. I imagine there are endless supplies of online discussions about that very subject.
But... since you asked MY opinion.... i will give MY answer...

I, myself, am an "English guy". Well... to be more precise. I am a Latakia LOVER. Give me a blend i don't care for... i can make it palatable with a splash of the stuff. (Heck... i don't mind smoking blending latakia by itself) so.... my short answer is: "Try some Latakia-laden blends in it!"
Now... i am sure the "Burley boys" have their own opinion. And the "Va-Per patriots" are no doubt brimming with their advice. Loyalties abound with each and every tobacco!

Facts:
The pipe is thick.... wide lipped... straight... short... and made of Morta!

With a bit of searching, im sure you will come to a satisfying conclusion. But no matter which type tobacco you put in it (or decide to dedicate it to) I can guarantee it will taste smoky and delicious!
I have been branching out to VAs, VaBurs, and Kentuckys, but I am a Latakia hound at heart. My favorite is MacBaren HH Latakia Flake (followed closely by HH Vintage Syrian). This pipe will be broken in with Latakia Flake, methinks.

Top Bottom