What's new

Clone questions

I am looking for a Schick L type injector as I want mild , but never was keen on using used razors. It appears these get rust in the tight space where the blade would sit. I’m also not keen on paying 60+ for a NOS version which lead me to ask, how are those ebarbershop L clones quality wise ? Are they very good clones ?

Unless I'm wrong, the heads of the older Schicks, L included, are brass. They may be chrome plated, but any rust would be from an older carbon steel blade and should be very easily removed. Pipe cleaners with some toothpaste should do the trick.

Unless I'm wrong, the heads of the older Schicks, L included, are brass. They may be chrome plated, but any rust would be from an older carbon steel blade and should be very easily removed. Pipe cleaners with some toothpaste should do the trick.
Exactly ! Clean it up put a blade in it then since that blade will be trashed by being put into an empty razor inject another fresh blade and then ready to shave....

I purchased a Schick L clone from a different vendor last year. The blade stops were not right and all it did was cut my face. After about 20 shaves and me trying to tweak it, I tossed it and went back to my vintage Schick L. I’m sure my clone inadvertently slipped but the QC group.

I purchased a Schick L clone from a different vendor last year. The blade stops were not right and all it did was cut my face. After about 20 shaves and me trying to tweak it, I tossed it and went back to my vintage Schick L. I’m sure my clone inadvertently slipped but the QC group.
Yeah, that’s why I was looking into the e barber one.

A lot of guys seem adamant about the schick’s huh
no not adamant its just that if he already has it why not clean it up and use it. Most razors bought in the wild or ordered online need a good cleaning and then they are fine..

Last edited:
You come off as very rude and abrasive
No most people who know me on here know I'm a nice guy I was just replying to the that is all quote in kind. I was saying if you like something great. Use it and be happy some like one thing others like other things. YMMV as the saying goes.

Top Bottom