What's new

Clone Kamisori comparison

I looked at the Univinlions, but was put off by the curved tip at the front of the blade holder. As, I felt you can't easily tell exactly where the blade starts. Unlike the Feather. In the end I purchased a Dark Stag Kamisori which has a similar front end as the Feather but takes half DE blades

I looked at the Univinlions, but was put off by the curved tip at the front of the blade holder. As, I felt you can't easily tell exactly where the blade starts. Unlike the Feather. In the end I purchased a Dark Stag Kamisori which has a similar front end as the Feather but takes half DE bladeI was waiting for someone to mention the Dark stag.

More expensive and I have never tried it and I won't be doing so.

My crosshair is on the feather SR - I prefer stainless steel razors in general.

Thanks for your comment .

Last edited:
Another , good in my opinion, well priced Kami shavette , that takes DE half blades is the : Goodfellas' smile Shibumi.

Attachments

• shibumi.jpg
    shibumi.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 14
I wrote : " I will be shaving with it on Monday using a feather half blade"

I have an empty can of condensed milk in which I place my used blades - the " cloud " blades destination without any use.

When I received my 3 year-old now KAI clone - 10 AC blades were included.

They were the worst blades I have ever used and they all went into the re-cycling bin after just using one.
I totally agree on the generic Chinese AC blades that are often included with these clones. Total junk, and they should be relegated to use at letter openers or box cutters.

But I disagree on the Cloud blades. They are actually pretty decent, and they pair quite well with this particular shavette. I suggest giving them a try, or if not, PIF them.

I totally agree on the generic Chinese AC blades that are often included with these clones. Total junk, and they should be relegated to use at letter openers or box cutters.

But I disagree on the Cloud blades. They are actually pretty decent, and they pair quite well with this particular shavette. I suggest giving them a try, or if not, PIF them.
All comments are welcome.

What a boring life we would all lead if we agreed on everything....lol

Absolutely enjoyed my 1st Clone Kamisori!
Razor Clone AC Kamisori New 1st Use (wondering if this qualifies as an SR)?
Blade Feather ProGuard 2nd Use
1st use of this clone Kamisori and paired with the blade...wow! Very easy to use...silky smooth, very comfortable, and very efficient. Almost auto-pilot mode. The atg pass on the neck and jawline was incredibly easy and efficient! 3passes for a bbs finish...awesome indeed! This will be a great travel SR razor...!!!
20211204_110633.jpg

Top Bottom