What's new

Clone Kamisori comparison

Hello everyone,

I received today my clone KAI kamisori shavette , that takes DE half blades.It took 50 days to arrive ( Europe) and cost me €13,30.

As I have mentioned in other threads I have had a clone KAI kamisori AC blade one for the last 3 years ( I am satisfied with the razor).

The razor I received today has a sprayed Matt coating which marks easily.The mirror finished one is much better.

It also came with one DE blade which is of poor quality named " Cloud"

I will be shaving with it on Monday using a feather half blade.

I'll comment afterwards.

(The mirror finished one is the AC blade one )

Attachments

• IMG_20211104_221314~2.jpg
    IMG_20211104_221314~2.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20211104_221633~2.jpg
    IMG_20211104_221633~2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20211104_221654~2.jpg
    IMG_20211104_221654~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Nice. I hope you will enjoy the way it saves.

If memory serves me, I actually enjoyed shaving with that "Cloud" branded blade. A thin blade which I did not expect to like.

I have not used Cloud DE blade, but their cabinet blade is decent performer, Did you shave wirh DE Cloud ?
I wrote : " I will be shaving with it on Monday using a feather half blade"

I have an empty can of condensed milk in which I place my used blades - the " cloud " blades destination without any use.

When I received my 3 year-old now KAI clone - 10 AC blades were included.

They were the worst blades I have ever used and they all went into the re-cycling bin after just using one.

Last edited:
Sure you can - you are missing my point.

The steel is too thin for my liking and I prefer specific brands of DE blades been shaving for 40+ years.
I always test a new blade on my hairy arm ( small area) and this blade didn't pass my acceptance standards.

Last edited:
I wrote : " I will be shaving with it on Monday using a feather half blade"

I have an empty can of condensed milk in which I place my used blades - the " cloud " blades destination without any use.

When I received my 3 year-old now KAI clone - 10 AC blades were included.

They were the worst blades I have ever used and they all went into the re-cycling bin after just using one.
The unbranded AC format blades that I received from AliExpress were about the worst blades I have tried. I still have some to try again some day. While the Cloud DE blade seemed to be half as thick as some blades, as if they wanted to save on raw materials, I found it gave a smooth shave. But blades are definitely a YMMV item.

The unbranded AC format blades that I received from AliExpress were about the worst blades I have tried. I still have some to try again some day. While the Cloud DE blade seemed to be half as thick as some blades, as if they wanted to save on raw materials, I found it gave a smooth shave. But blades are definitely a YMMV item.
Yes, I agree with you.

When I use a brand of razor blade for the first time I always do a test on my hairy arm - the cloud blade needed a second pass to cut - for me that is a fail.

Conclusion :

Both razors are good - but I prefer the artist club style blades.

Also the DE's shorter head is better when dealing with problem areas - lips and chin.

For those of you , that find the artist club blades expensive the DE one is a good buy imho.

The Winner for me : My 3 year-old AC one.I will be trying some feather super pro blades with it soon .

Univinlions , like I have said already, is a good company.

Forgot to mention , that the DE Kami needed a slightly steeper angle in order to obtain the same shave as the AC one.

Two passes WTG and XTG needed to achieve BBS .

Top Bottom