What's new

Clogs

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I saw these leather clogs when looking for something else.
Not sure if they interested me or not. Maybe as a slip on shoe for when kicking around outside at home.
How else does one wear them? Any clog wearers here?

Capture.JPG

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I travelled around Europe in a pair of birkie clogs 10 years ago. They were comfy.

I saw these leather clogs when looking for something else.
Not sure if they interested me or not. Maybe as a slip on shoe for when kicking around outside at home.
How else does one wear them? Any clog wearers here?

View attachment 1242344
Those have rubber soles. I’m not sure if they even qualify as clogs. Clogs have wooden soles. Those look more like plain old open backed slippers.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I wear Crocs all the time but only at home or at the cottage. I personally wouldn’t wear any type of clog out in public to a mall, restaurant, etc., but that’s just me.

That's how I see them as well. They look handy for kicking on and off as you go in and out of the house. They look like great outdoor slippers.

Those have rubber soles. I’m not sure if they even qualify as clogs. Clogs have wooden soles. Those look more like plain old open backed slippers.

It would appear the manufactures of footwear have relaxed the term over the years.
Nurses wear clogs for example, they don't have wooden soles.
Maybe outdoor slipper would be a better term. Then again we may need to rename some boat shoes as can you really call them a boat shoe if they never get worn on a boat? :wink2:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Just make sure that if you wear them outdoors you don’t go farther than the end of your driveway.

I don't think I'll get them, as the price is too high for what they would be used for IMO but a trip to the letter box would be as far as I would go in them for sure.

[Swedish] "skämskudde" (cringe pillow) - the real or imagined pillow you use to hide your face when watching something embarrassing

I think the ones in post #1 should work well for around the house. I have a pair of Birkenstock Betula Arizona that I use for trips to the mailbox and garbage can. I would use them inside but they are dedicated for short trips outdoors. The rubber sole is starting to show a good amount of wear after years of use but the shoe is still holding up well. My only issue with the "Arizona" model is that the straps are floppy so it can take an extra second or two to slip them on with just the foot as one is standing at the door with a trash bag in hand. That is where the clog style of slip-on posted above would be better for quick and easy donning.

Except I might be concerned about the tiny sliver of upper around the heel, as that only appears not to add any support. Just tall enough to get folded over by the foot and look prematurely worn out.

Top Bottom