What's new

Clog Pruf Arrived

I've been participating in the Micromatic Mondays and using a variety of vintage Gem hardware and the PTFE blades. I've two wonderful MMOC razors but each time I've found them extremely harsh and rough.

Encouraged by this thread I picked it up today for a Sunday shave. I picked up a blade on its third day from my G-Bar razor - the one with the cream coloured bakelite / plastic handle.

Used the Yardley gold shave cream and worked up a rich lather on my two day stubble.

Deep breath - remember flat against the face, short strokes and zero pressure.

Wow ! Smooth - unlike the earlier shaves. As I developed more confidence, the razor moved effortlessly - being mindful of taking short strokes with zero pressure and flat against the face.

A two pass BBS shave. Alum block gave some feedback on the neck but nothing to talk about .

A few hours on - I am touching my face and it's still BBS.

I can say- this was one of the best shaves form any of my 100 plus DE razors.

My only gripe is that the PTFE blades loose their sharpness rapidly after about 5 shaves and give a rough shave. Wish they lasted longer like the Feather AC format or injector blades.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I've been participating in the Micromatic Mondays and using a variety of vintage Gem hardware and the PTFE blades. I've two wonderful MMOC razors but each time I've found them extremely harsh and rough.

Encouraged by this thread I picked it up today for a Sunday shave. I picked up a blade on its third day from my G-Bar razor - the one with the cream coloured bakelite / plastic handle.

Used the Yardley gold shave cream and worked up a rich lather on my two day stubble.

Wow ! Smooth - unlike the earlier shaves. As I developed more confidence, the razor moved effortlessly - being mindful of taking short strokes with zero pressure and flat against the face.

A two pass BBS shave. Alum block gave some feedback on the neck but nothing to talk about .

My only gripe is that the PTFE blades loose their sharpness rapidly after about 5 shaves and give a rough shave. Wish they lasted longer like the Feather AC format or injector blades.

Coming from SR experience, the correct angle, muscle memory, and confidence will result in superior results. I suspect that when the Micromatic was introduced in the early '30's men were used to a SR and so the angle was intuitive. Today we must work in reverse because of the familiarity with Gillette angles. Glad you had a quality shave. :a14:

I take the blade out and clean them after using. I also rinse the razor with hot water and dry before storing.

The razor with the cream colored plastic handle isn't a G-Bar, it's a Feather Weight. Same head design, much lighter weight than the G-Bar Heavy Flat Top.

I rinse and palm strop my PTFE blades after each use and get at least 8-12 shaves out of them, sometimes more.

The razor with the cream colored plastic handle isn't a G-Bar, it's a Feather Weight. Same head design, much lighter weight than the G-Bar Heavy Flat Top.

I rinse and palm strop my PTFE blades after each use and get at least 8-12 shaves out of them, sometimes more.
Yes true .. wasn't able to recollect and since it has a G on it .. :D

Shaved today with my ClogPruf, which gets used maybe once a fortnight. What a brilliant razor! Gives virtually nothing away to the MMOC. A joy to use, and special significance for me since it was my first micromatic.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Interestingly, to me, the Clog Pruf is more aggressive on my face than the MMOC. I sold my Clog Pruf.

Approximately a week after I find a Streamline or Jewel, I'll probably do the same thing! :001_302:

Because I'll then have to pull the CP out and decide: do I use it or leave it as (apparently) NIB? You only get to make that decision once, as I told my daughters. They laughed at me. :001_tt2:

O.H.

Top Bottom