What's new

Clix Five Hundred

Hello gents!

Yesterday, I scored a Clix Five Hundred with the original box, bakelite case, and blades from an antique store for $20. The razor is practically brand new. The top cap and base plate are metal and the handle is bakelite. I have searched, but haven't been able to find much information about this razor. Can you fine folks help?

Thanks!

one with a metal cap and base plate, nice. i think those are a litte less uncommon. i did a little research on those razor awhile back, as i could have picked one up pretty cheap and thought it was an interesting razor. i think maybe from the 40's but not alot of information can be found on clix. there was an old ad showing them, but i cant find it right now. anyhow, show some pics!

maybe produced by a conrad razor co. in New York and they helped supplied the demand of razors to military during WWII. similar to gillette making the contract tech's. made in the 40's. the all metal heads are said to be good shavers, and many have replaced the handle with something else to make a nice razor. give it a shave, let us know. id still like to get one myself.

I will snap a few shots of the kit when I get home this evening. I shaved with it last night. Similar to a Tech with a bakelite handle, just beefier.

The Clix 500 (or E-Z Flow 500) with the all metal head is a great shaving razor; one of the my favorite non-Gillette vintage DEs. I find it a medium-aggressive razor, which for me is the sweet spot. I typically use a few different handles on mine, but the stock fat Bakelite handle is actually pretty nice, despite its somewhat goofy looks. But, if you can't really hang with the plastic, the cap thread is standard, so you can match it up with pretty much any handle of your liking. A very under appreciated razor IMO. Mine is in regular rotation, and that puts it in some pretty good company. Nice score!

I have one and use it on occasion. It is fairly mild to me, similar to a Tech. The build quality and design are both very good. I often use mine as a travel razor.

And on the subject of Clix, just had a shave with the standard plastic baseplate version:
proxy.php

A very pleasant easy and comfortable shave which has that pre-war Tech feel to it.

What a classic razor!

And on the subject of Clix, just had a shave with the standard plastic baseplate version:

A very pleasant easy and comfortable shave which has that pre-war Tech feel to it.

What a classic razor!

I agree with your description. I picked one of those up a few weeks ago. Its an awesome shaver.

$MCDF1304.jpg

Top Bottom