What's new

Clips, yes, for 45 Colt

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ran across this trick on THR. :cuppa:

Tried to ascertain who thought this up and credit them, but the guy demurred. It might be an old trick but I find no evidence. Anyways.

You can use Garand en bloc clips to hold 45 Colt ammo quite successfully! :tank:

full

Seven is a good number, you can add a CCI shotshell.

full

Another trick for single action convertibles in 45 ACP is to use a 1911 magazine as a "speedloader" ... :a14:

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Crickets 🦗 for this cool trick?

:sorcerer: May your dump pouches dump on you! 😔 May the Spirt of Chuck Norris desert you in a bad part of town! :euro: May your speedloaders slow you down!

This is a great bit of gear/lore.

AA

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Hey give us a frickin chance! :lol: Its not like we're just hanging out waiting to comment!
(I know, I feel like that sometimes to....."Hey, isn't anyone paying attention to my brilliance?) I like both!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Hey give us a frickin chance! :lol: Its not like we're just hanging out waiting to comment!
(I know, I feel like that sometimes to....."Hey, isn't anyone paying attention to my brilliance?) I like both!

May the Gawds of Gunpowder restore full powers to you, Sir Nortac! 😜 And the sprit of Elmer Keith forgive me for being caught with JHPs on board instead of his divine SWCs! 🤣

AA

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Well, I have plenty at Garand clips. You may have just given me an excuse to get something chambered in 45LC. But you see babe, I had all these clips lying around going to waste.....

I got loops on a belt to hold my .45 Colt rounds. I've got several magazines to hold my .45 ACP. I need my clips to hold my .30-06, both enbloc and strippers. Now I need a belt to hold some .50-70 Govt.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I've added some conventional speed strips in 45 Colt also, for good measure.

Though, even in bear country, I tend not to carry the gun. 🤔 It's a bit heavy. Spectacular range pistol, though.

AA

I was thinking those were Garand clips before you confirmed it. Cool I guess. Not applicable at my house, but cool if you’re into that kinda thing.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
You scared me for a minute. They’re available, 8-12 week delivery time though. I need to buy a couple more so each of my kids will have one.

I must have missed that. I will take a look at their site again.

They do have them the last time I looked a few weeks ago but they are scarce in the listings. I was thinking about ordering up another and sent them an email if my paperwork was still on file but no reply.

Top Bottom