What's new

Clinique Shave Cream VS Jack Black Beard Lube

I would like some help in deciding weather Clinique shave cream is good or Jack black beard lube is good?
And while we're at it... Can you guys please help me decide aftershave as well?
I need help in deciding weather Clinique aftershave smoother, Clinique aftershave healer or Jack black post shave cooling gel is better.

I have read nothing but bad reviews on JB Shave Cream. Wife got me the gift pack for Christmas, it does not lather well at all. The rest of the JB stuff I love the facial cleanser and face moisteriser. Smells great and part of my pre-post shave routine now...until I run out. I use the JB shave cream for pre-shave lather before the hot towel. I use my other products for actual shaving. I google product reviews and click the B&B site and read what they say on here. This site won't let you down!

Is there any reason you want to choose between those two brands? I took a look at them recently but I think they are more like a brushless shaving lotion vs a good thick shaving cream.

If you want something local without having to order then you are much better off going to a local pharmacy like Rite Aid and seeing if they have "The Real Shaving Co." cream or Bath & Body Works has C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream by Proraso.

There are so many different aftershaves that might work better too. You could look in the Aftershave forum here or ask about a certain scent you might be looking for. Do you need a balm or would a splash work?

Is there any reason you want to choose between those two brands? I took a look at them recently but I think they are more like a brushless shaving lotion vs a good thick shaving cream.

If you want something local without having to order then you are much better off going to a local pharmacy like Rite Aid and seeing if they have "The Real Shaving Co." cream or Bath & Body Works has C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream by Proraso.

There are so many different aftershaves that might work better too. You could look in the Aftershave forum here or ask about a certain scent you might be looking for. Do you need a balm or would a splash work?

I've tried pretty much everything, Just these two products I am confused with. I have tried CO BIGLEOW from bath & body works but that doesn't work as well.
The issue with me is that I have very sensitive skin (May be thin layer of skin) and I get hard whiskers. And my skin gets irritated very quickly.. So quickly that even after using these two products, I can only shave once after 2 days (Not even alternate days)

I do like nivea aftershave balm but was wondering is there any other better product? .. I don't use splash. .. I can't.

:|

There is a lot of talk of sensitive skin lately and if complex pre & post shaving processes can help it or if it is actually caused by improper technique or hardware.

I wish I could help with your choice between those two companies but I've never used them myself and don't see to many posts about them here. I'm sure more people have used them and will hopefully hop in to help.

Are you're sure that you are using a good razor/blade combo and your lather & shaving techniques are correct? You can always let us know what razor & blades you're using and what creams/soaps you've tried, how many passes you use in what directions? I'm sure everyone would be willing to give suggestions to help you fine tune your shaving to limit irritation.

What this man ^^ said.

The vast majority of people who think they have 'sensitive' skin, actually don't. Me included. It has taken a lot of time, experimentation and perseverance to discover what 'works' for me, but I can now happily use any product I like on my face.

I was given the Clinique and IMO it's rubbish. It doesn't lather so you kind of have to smear it on. I used it once and then never again.

The Clinique after shave soothing balm on the other hand is very nice. It is slightly cooling and soothes after a shave that was a bit too close.

The Jack Black Beard Lube is an oily mess and not really any better than using just shave oil.

As for the Clinique products, skip the shave cream and get the M Shave Aloe Gel (and Post Shave Healer). Pricey but top notch products nonetheless.

Thanks,
Mike

I would like some help in deciding weather Clinique shave cream is good or Jack black beard lube is good?
And while we're at it... Can you guys please help me decide aftershave as well?
I need help in deciding weather Clinique aftershave smoother, Clinique aftershave healer or Jack black post shave cooling gel is better.

There are so many conflicting opinions on products that only you can determine what works best for you.

I have not used Clinique shave cream and can't comment on it. I have use JB Beard Lube back when I was using cartridges and it's a great product. It was a huge step up when I went from Edge Gel to JBBL. I no longer use it, however, because it doesn't lather. I want to make lather when I have. I have use the JBBL as a pre-shave, though. I'm not sure if it helps, other than to help use up product.

I have use Clinque Aftershave Healer and it does a fantastic job in taming burn and irritation. In fact, that's the only time I use it. It's expensive, but a little goes a long way and I think it's worth it. I have not use the Clinique smoother or the JB cooling gel.

If you have a Sephora near you, see if you can get samples of these products. Sephora is pretty generous with samples. Every time my wife is at the mall she comes home with some sample or another.

I have read nothing but bad reviews on JB Shave Cream. Wife got me the gift pack for Christmas, it does not lather well at all. The rest of the JB stuff I love the facial cleanser and face moisteriser. Smells great and part of my pre-post shave routine now...until I run out. I use the JB shave cream for pre-shave lather before the hot towel. I use my other products for actual shaving. I google product reviews and click the B&B site and read what they say on here. This site won't let you down!

Just to be clear, JB shave cream is NOT the same as JB Beard lube. The beard lube is a slick gel.

I've used the JB Triple Cushion Shave Cream and found it to be a fantastic performer. It lathers up quite readily, but with no scent to speak of, it really didn't hold my interest. Once my sample was used up, I didn't feel the need to buy more.

I've tried pretty much everything...

Somehow I doubt this. If you had tried pretty much everything, you would realize just how much better off you are sticking with superior creams, and not settling for brushless creams - and not just any brushless creams, but LOUSY brushless creams. I've used both the Clinique Cream Shave and the JB Beard Lube, and I can't give either a thumbs up. Choosing between them is like trying to choose between vomit and feces. And I say that as an enthusiastic user of other Clinique and Jack Black products. If you really want to go with brushless, there are better options, imo. And good brush creams are better still.

Top Bottom