What's new

Climatic!

Good day gents.

I'm a recent newcomer to wetshaving and str8 rzr shaving alltogether.
When I was younger, I used to criticize my father because he wasted his time and money on creams and brushes, and I regret doing so because now that I am older (10 years later) I am doing the same. And guess what, my father is criticizing me on spending too much money on shaving supplies!!!:lol:

Jokes aside though, I have shaved a few times now, for approximately 2 weeks, and I must say that shaving with a straight in complete silence is phenomenal,
no, it is more of a climatic feeling!:drool: : it's like meditating for 25 minutes.

I consider it my pampering, quiet, quality, and zen time.
From face prep, to lathering, to shaving, to after shave, it's a fabulous feeling.

And I love B&B!

It worked out very nicely to me.

Cheers everyone.

In the morning I keep the radio on to keep me aware of the schedule, but when the razor is ready to hit the face, all noise is turned off until the shave is complete. Afterward the radio is turned on so I know how much time I have remaining before going to work.

Shaving is definitely "MY TIME!"

when the razor is ready to hit the face, all noise is turned off until the shave is complete. Shaving is definitely "MY TIME!"

I am totally pleased to know that I'm not alone, that I'm not the only one!
Marvelous to know, thanks dear sir.

Cheers.:a54:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That's pretty much how it is here too.. That's why I shave when everyone sleeps here...

Nice stuff Luc.

But I don't know, I feel really happy when focusing while shaving. I really look forward for every shave, but I think it's because of the newbie effect.

Still, I really feel calm and peacefull, and I love taking 25 minutes (night time after my shower).

Man, its great.

Ciao

Like your avatar.

I shave in the afternoon and enjoy your experience - but with a DE instead of straight.

In Buddhism there is a form of meditation called Mindfulness. It is being fully in the moment for whatever you are doing. This can be practiced while you are shaving in the morning to make it a wonderfully relaxing experience. What a great way to start the day.

Shaving for me used to be a bore and a chore for me, sometimes in a rush I wouldn't even put on any shaving cream I'd just go at my face with some water and a blade. But now that I've been turned on straight razor shaving (and eventually I'm going get into DE shaving) I have to agree yes it has been a very zen like experience. The #1 thing I keep in mind is to always respect the blade and it has served me well so far (I learned my lesson last night when went for a shave but wasn't really paying attention and slit my chin open, remember always respect the blade)

Its wonderful because facial shaving can really only be claimed by men because there are two types of people in the world without facial hair women and boys and we are neither.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Did you actually mean "climactic"?

Maybe you are referring to meteorological conditions.

Shaving for me used to be a bore and a chore for me, sometimes in a rush I wouldn't even put on any shaving cream I'd just go at my face with some water and a blade. But now that I've been turned on straight razor shaving (and eventually I'm going get into DE shaving) I have to agree yes it has been a very zen like experience. The #1 thing I keep in mind is to always respect the blade and it has served me well so far (I learned my lesson last night when went for a shave but wasn't really paying attention and slit my chin open, remember always respect the blade)

Its wonderful because facial shaving can really only be claimed by men because there are two types of people in the world without facial hair women and boys and we are neither.

Great feedback, Vir. Since day one, I have greatly respected the edge without fearing it of course.

Sadly, some women have significant facial hair! But waxing is their only option, unless they enjoy having BBS with green colored skin!:laugh:

In Buddhism there is a form of meditation called Mindfulness. It is being fully in the moment for whatever you are doing. This can be practiced while you are shaving in the morning to make it a wonderfully relaxing experience. What a great way to start the day.

That is truly great to know. I am now more encouraged to take my time as much as possible while shaving.

I hope you're not being sarcastic.... haha.

Thanks mate.

Like your avatar.

I shave in the afternoon and enjoy your experience - but with a DE instead of straight.

Thanks for the compliment brother. Truly appreciated.

And btw, I am starting DE aswell soon. I just bought a vintage chinese DE.
I will post some pics in a new thread....right about ow.

cheers.

Top Bottom