What's new

CLIFTON BLADES

Just completed my premiere shave with the Clifton DE blade. made by Samah Razor Blade Company of Bangladesh. The Blue label Clifton is very smooth, works well with the 5 razors and 5 creams I tested it with. After 5 shaves the blade is still as sharp as the first shave..... Not easy to find but a good blade. As I look at the Samah web page I see they have some new additions as well: Double Edge Blade Archives - Samah Razor Blades - https://srbil.com/product-category/double-edge-blade/
DSC_2464.JPG
IMG_1112.JPG
IMG_1113.JPG
IMG_1114.JPG

This might be a stupid question, but do they relate to Switzerland somehow? :p

It seems weird (and probably illegal) to use the term "Swiss Quality", unless they sell there under some license or something (I really don't know).

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

It seems weird (and probably illegal) to use the term "Swiss Quality", unless they sell there under some license or something (I really don't know).
But who would take them to court?

The blades from Samah are pretty good, at least the couple I've had in samplers were good. The bulk prices for them are generally on the high side.

Good to hear other versions are giving great shaves. This brand doesn't get much love or attention in the blade world.

Is it made by Sharp or vice versa or some such?
View attachment 1238929
I may be wrong, but I believe that both Clifton's and Sharp are made by Durablade, which may be a subsidiary of Samah.

I have a case (100 pack) of LOI Salon Titanium blades that are also made by Durablade. Those blades work really well for me. Then again, so do Lord Platinums, Lord Super Chromes, and Astra SPs, while Dorco ST-300s (the Korean(?) made ones), Voskhods, and Shark Super Stainless tear me up.

*UPDATE*
Per the Durablade website (Best double edge safety razor shaving blades | Durablade Swiss Quality - https://durablade.biz/):

"Durablade Brands include our famous : Sharp, Champion, Abest, Clifton and LOI brands owned and manufactured by SRBIL. Samah Razor Blades Industries Ltd ,is a world leader in professional shaving razor blades."

This suggests that Durablade is the parent company of Clifton, Sharp, and LOI but the blades are made by Samah. It's unclear if Samah is owned by Durablade, a joint venturer, just a manufacturer for Durablade, or if there's some other relationship between the two.

Last edited:

They've been using that phrase a long time, no idea what the connection could be.
On RBC you can get a 100-pack of Clifton for appr 10 Euros, plus 3 Euros for shipping.
@malocchio , Thank you for the tip, I will order some and try them out
let us know how you like them !

I will be starting another 5 shave premiere of the Samah " A-BEST " blade . This blade is actually labeled " SWISS STEEL".... I know Eskilstuna, Sweden is famous for their steel, but never heard much about Swiss steel.....
abest (1).JPG

Great review!! These are totally new to me!! :a21: :a21:
Samah has been cranking out blades since 1962, but just recently upgraded their equipment and expanded their lines. They also were pretty much "local only " for decades. They used to make a nice carbon blade called " Balaka ". I had a pack about 20 years ago, these are the most difficult to find.
balaka.JPG

I had some SHARP branded blades and some 7AMs, both from Samah.

I don't remember them being that good. Maybe even bad. But that was years ago and since then they have expanded their brands. Maybe they have gotten better.

Samah has been cranking out blades since 1962, but just recently upgraded their equipment and expanded their lines. They also were pretty much "local only " for decades. They used to make a nice carbon blade called " Balaka ". I had a pack about 20 years ago, these are the most difficult to find.View attachment 1239284

TryABlade used to have them in stock, and their website says they will restock them

Top Bottom