What's new

Clearing Up An Oily Forehead?

Any of you gents have trouble with oily skin on your forehead? Once in a while my forehead even looks greasy. I'm wondering what skin care products are best for it (I don't have oily skin on my cheeks or the rest of my face, just in the forehead area)

Anyone with the same trouble? What works best for you?

Any of you gents have trouble with oily skin on your forehead? Once in a while my forehead even looks greasy. I'm wondering what skin care products are best for it (I don't have oily skin on my cheeks or the rest of my face, just in the forehead area)

Anyone with the same trouble? What works best for you?

what are you washing your face with? Try using an olive oil soap bar. It won't strip your skin of all the oils. Stripping your skin of all the oils cause you to produce more oil to make up for it.

I have somewhat oily skin, too. I've been trying different cleansers I've read about here (currently, I use Zirh Clean). My facial skin care regimen is two-fold:
In the morning (when I shave) I wash first with Neutrogena. After shaving, I use an alcohol-based splash.
In the evening, I wash with Zirh, apply Thayer's (either the astringent or the Superhazel), then use a bit of a/s balm.
In addition to that, I'm doing a weekly clay mask. When I think about it, I use refrigerated DaVinci water.

obligatory Oil Cleansing Method response here...:biggrin1:

I also endure very oily "T-zone", as I now know it to be (since starting OCM), the nose and forehead. Since I started doing OCM, this is dramatically reduced, and most days is not over-oily at all.
I know it sounds counter intuitive to put oil on and oily face and have it be less oily, but it works. I've been doing OCM 1.5 years, and my face has never looked better (well, complexion-wise :redface::rolleyes:)

obligatory Oil Cleansing Method response here...:biggrin1:

I also endure very oily "T-zone", as I now know it to be (since starting OCM), the nose and forehead. Since I started doing OCM, this is dramatically reduced, and most days is not over-oily at all.
I know it sounds counter intuitive to put oil on and oily face and have it be less oily, but it works. I've been doing OCM 1.5 years, and my face has never looked better (well, complexion-wise :redface::rolleyes:)

Sorry forgive my ignorance, what is the process / products you use?

The OCM is great but it's not for everybody. I had some success with it but it's not the miracle that it is often portrayed as. Again, at least not for everybody. I'm glad it works well for you. It's definitely cheaper than the alternatives.

I have found that using CO Bigelow Clay Cleanser works out pretty well for me. It stings like a sonofabitch though. They're also phasing it out at Bath & Body Works so it might be a good time to get it and it should be going on the cheap pretty quickly. I also use Pinaud Clubman talc on my face. Just a little dusting does wonders with keeping the face dry, it keeps that oily look at bay for a while, plus it smells like Clubman--extra bonus. Again, it's just a little. You don't want to end up looking like Marcel Marceau.

Sorry forgive my ignorance, what is the process / products you use?
oh, oops...forgot the link

The OCM is great but it's not for everybody. I had some success with it but it's not the miracle that it is often portrayed as. Again, at least not for everybody....
yeah, there are some who aren't man enough for it....:tongue_sm
just kidding. you're right, for some folks it's just not the right option, for either the effort involved, or it just doesn't work for them. For the latter, I'd like to know how long they tried it for - not doubting their results, just that some people have had to give it a week or two before the benefits started to appear. There are some who just can't do it.
so you're correct on the YMMV aspect of it, but it's a bit of an extreme to say it's "not the miracle" some folks make it to be - for some of us, it definitely is, just like traditional wet-shaving isn't for everybody

I've fought oily skin for a long time and am going to give this a try.

Do you use the oil mixture prior to shaving? Or maybe if you shave in the morning, do you use the OCM in the evening?

Witch hazel is excellent for removing excess oil.

Tim

2 parts witch hazel, 1 salycilic acid. tightens and tones the skin, without completey drying it out, leaving it soft and smooth. I use a naturally sourced facial peel balm after washing in the shower. Yeah its a lil much, but its keeps everything under control and zero acne.

I've fought oily skin for a long time and am going to give this a try.

Do you use the oil mixture prior to shaving? Or maybe if you shave in the morning, do you use the OCM in the evening?
Yes, I usually do it before shaving, but mainly just because it happens to be the timing of it, not intentionally for shaving benefit (although it does exist).
I usually do OCM in the shower, most of the time I do the whole process with the towel (Tip: Plain hot towel on face before applying oil, then the oil process - helps open up the pores for the oil to penetrate faster and deeper, plus cleans surface dirt and oil), though sometimes I will be lazy and rinse face, apply oil, do rest of shower leaving oil on face, then rinse when done
Thanks for the link. Adding to the shoppinglist for the weekend.
big tip: make sure to get the cold pressed castor oil...BIG difference than the CO you'll find at Wal-Mart intended as a laxative

Top Bottom