What's new

FS Clearing the Den of Vintage Razors, Shave soaps/sets and other collectable Shave Gear.

As the title says I'm clearing out the den a bit as I have some duplicates and just to much stuff so it's that time. Some vintage razors included and some hard to find or what some would call rare along with some shaving collectables, some shave soaps/sets and other shaving tools. If you need any further photos of any item please ask and I'll post them up or if you'd rather I can pm you with the photos or info and I will be glad to do so.

Free shipping in the CONUS on items over $50. All other items that are under $50 are plus Shipping in the CONUS based on location and for international shipping please pm me for pricing.

Thanks for looking.

Photo lot #1

Selling some of my Gillette Aristocrat collection. ( Some I have more than one of or don't use) All the razors were sent out to Cap for cleaning and fine tuning with the exception of the 1941.

British # 22 set in mint conditon - $215,00
British # 16 set in mint conditon - $215.00
Rare British Popular set in mint condition - $275.00
Hard to find two toned US 1941 Aristocrat - $55.00
Empty New Deluxe Big Boy Chromium case in good conditon - $25
US 1936 Aristocrat and blade bank - Razor was disassembled by Cap, Cleaned, Aligned and replated by Chris at razorplate in 24k gold - $185.00

Photo Lot # 2

Bond 9 Wall street cologne in original box with at least 80% of the juice in it. - $100
Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood. New in the box with cellophane seal untouched - $30.00
Unopened unused Caties Bubbles limited edition luxury Shave soap 33 2 aftershave and EDP in blue black glass containers - Paid $125 at special show price. Sell as a set $95
Saponificio Varesino Opuntia Shave soap and aftershave used twice set - $32.00 - Sold!
Chiseled Face Panda Shave soap brand new unused. - $32.00

Photo Lot #3

Vintage Barbershop Shave mug - $20
Vintage Shave Scuttle - $25
Vintage Barbershop Shave stand with Barbershop brand shaving brush like new. - $35
Dirtybird large shaving bowl - $32
Dirtybird medium shaving bowl - $28
Art of Shaving Silvertip badger brush in excellent shape - $35

Photo lot #4

Mint Hoffritz Slant set - $150
Feather Artist Club Professional razor only used twice - $60
Hard to find Jurgen Hempel SS barberpole handle - $125

Very rare Eclipse Red Ring razor. This razor has a history to it and it was passed on to me a couple of years back when I saw it up for sale. I have two Red Rings left from my original collection and one has to go. The razor was replated in chrome by the once well known Kris Krona in 2014 . This razor is in immaculate conditon and comes in a very minty case with original blades. It shines like no other razor in my den modern or vintage! This is a one of a kind. - $400
Ask for more detailed photos if your interested.

Lot #1

proxy.php

Lot #2

proxy.php

Lot #3

proxy.php

Lot#4

proxy.php

Thanks for looking!

Yeah, gray is faded original green

The case has got me confused as I don't know what razor it would belong to. I have a 48/50 that is a brown case similar to the but it's definitely brown and the set looked like it was never used when I got it so they obviously made brown cases..Gillette did a lot of switching around and I'm not sure we will ever know for certain about some models and case combos. Some are easy to find. I just sold a 3rd Gen in a # 21 set and that was matching to what's on Mr Razor but darn this is confusing!

What a wonderful sale and prices Frank. Thankfully the Eclipse was sold before I got the chance to ask whether it had the sunburst on the topcap - dodged a bullet there :302:

I just love all Brit Aristocrats - GLWTS!

What a wonderful sale and prices Frank. Thankfully the Eclipse was sold before I got the chance to ask whether it had the sunburst on the topcap - dodged a bullet there :302:

I just love all Brit Aristocrats - GLWTS!
Thanks my friend the RR is a beautiful one of a kind with some history to it and I may regret selling one of these days but I've still got one NOS one that's staying and it was a hard choice but I'm on this kick of no duplicates.
:thumbup1:

I'm buying the British popular and had a few questions that anyone can comment on.

I've done some quick research on the Mr Razor site cited above and find that the case looks like 1938 and the razor looks like 1939 with its barberpole pattern

The 1939 razor in the pictures has the barberpole pattern on the handle, but the 1938 had the "gillette" logo inside of a diamond, whereas the 1939 case has the large letters "Gillette"

Any comments would be much appreciated

I'm buying the British popular and had a few questions that anyone can comment on.

I've done some quick research on the Mr Razor site cited above and find that the case looks like 1938 and the razor looks like 1939 with its barberpole pattern

The 1939 razor in the pictures has the barberpole pattern on the handle, but the 1938 had the "gillette" logo inside of a diamond, whereas the 1939 case has the large letters "Gillette"

Any comments would be much appreciated
Gillette England moved from diamond logo to script logo some time in 1938. The 1st gen Popular had superspeed handle (just like Senator/Sheraton) and the 2nd gen had barberpole pattern on the handle that was introduce in 1939.
It is possible to find a 1st gen popular with a script logo case and vice versa.

What is the distinguished for the Popular case is the groove on the top - it's dotted as shown at mr-razor. That is it's unique appearance.
For comparison The Aristocrat had a fish bone groove and the NEW #88 case was smooth (no groove).

Price reduction on items marked in Blue! Look at OP for photos of the items. If you need more photos of an item I'd be glad to get them for you.

Thank you!

Photo lot #1

Selling some of my Gillette Aristocrat collection. ( Some I have more than one of or don't use) All the razors were sent out to Cap for cleaning and fine tuning with the exception of the 1941.

British # 22 set in mint conditon - $215,00 - $175.00
British # 16 set in mint conditon - $215.00 - SOLD
Rare British Popular set in mint condition - $275.00 - SOLD
Hard to find two toned US 1941 Aristocrat - $55.00 - $50.00
Empty New Deluxe Big Boy Chromium case in good conditon - $25 - SOLD
US 1936 Aristocrat and blade bank - Razor was disassembled by Cap, Cleaned, Aligned and replated by Chris at razorplate in 24k gold - $185.00 - $170.00

Photo Lot # 2

Bond 9 Wall street cologne in original box with at least 80% of the juice in it. - $100 - $90.00
Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood. New in the box with cellophane seal untouched - $30.00 - $26.00
Unopened unused Caties Bubbles limited edition luxury Shave soap 33 2 aftershave and EDP in blue black glass containers - Paid $125 at special show price. Sell as a set $95 - $85.00
Saponificio Varesino Opuntia Shave soap and aftershave used twice set - $32.00 - SOLD
Chiseled Face Panda Shave soap brand new unused. - $32.00 - $26.00

Photo Lot #3

Vintage Barbershop Shave mug - $20 - $18.00
Vintage Shave Scuttle - $25 - $20.00
Vintage Barbershop Shave stand with Barbershop brand shaving brush like new. - $35 - $30.00
Dirtybird large shaving bowl - $32 - $28.00
Dirtybird medium shaving bowl - $28 - $25.00
Art of Shaving Silvertip badger brush in excellent shape - $35 - $30.00

Photo lot #4

Mint Hoffritz Slant set - $150 - SOLD
Feather Artist Club Professional razor only used twice - $60 - $55.00
Hard to find Jurgen Hempel SS barberpole handle - $125 - $115.00

Eclipse Red Ring - SOLD

Gillette England moved from diamond logo to script logo some time in 1938. The 1st gen Popular had superspeed handle (just like Senator/Sheraton) and the 2nd gen had barberpole pattern on the handle that was introduce in 1939.
It is possible to find a 1st gen popular with a script logo case and vice versa.

What is the distinguished for the Popular case is the groove on the top - it's dotted as shown at mr-razor. That is it's unique appearance.
For comparison The Aristocrat had a fish bone groove and the NEW #88 case was smooth (no groove).

Thank you very much Tonich. That was most helpful
Tom

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My credit card wants me to convey its thanks, Frank, because the items calling my name were sold before I found them.

I want to thank you for showing off part of your collection, my friend. If this is what you're getting rid of what you're keeping must be beyond belief. Fabulous items.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom