What's new

Clearance delay?

Well it looks like my new Shavemac is being held hostage by customs:confused: has anyone gone through this before? if so, how long did they hold on to your evil Badger hair brush for? Thanks, DJ.

It will clear out soon I am sure. They always take a peek. Usually no more than a few hours, maybe a day. Don't worry, have a beer, and report on it in the IOTN thread. :lol: :lol:

Disadvantage, one of the inspectors will probably use it to shave with.

Advantage, you will get a badger brush without the usual wet dog smell!

In all seriousness, should be just a few days.

Scotto said:
It will clear out soon I am sure. They always take a peek. Usually no more than a few hours, maybe a day. Don't worry, have a beer, and report on it in the IOTN thread. :lol: :lol:

Good advice Scotto, hmmmm.... I think I will crack open a EKU 28... 11% alcohol:cool: :cool:
Cheers, DJ.

I received my brush from Germany on Monday. On Tuesday afternoon FEDEX was ringing the doorbell and told me they needed it back because customs had not cleared it. I alway tip him real hard so it was payback time. he told the dispatcher I was not home!

DJ,
Actually, this time of year the Fish & Wildlife folks and Customs people get together and stage a reenactment of several of the Star Wars films. Any badger brushes heading through usually end up playing roles as wookies or ewoks (depending upon their loft and handle length) for no less than 5 business days, unless they are silvertips and then usually get to stay an additional week or two and play the lead in Steven King's KUJO (after all they lather so well)!

Goosemeplease said:
I received my brush from Germany on Monday. On Tuesday afternoon FEDEX was ringing the doorbell and told me they needed it back because customs had not cleared it. I alway tip him real hard so it was payback time. he told the dispatcher I was not home!

Wow! they sent the shaving brush Repo Man out to your house :eek: thats just wrong!
Cheers, DJ.

guenron said:
Actually, this time of year the Fish & Wildlife folks ...

I thought those guys just wanted to mount the brushes and hang them on their walls as trophies?

Oops. That would be us instead. :w00t:

-joedy

I have gone through this ordeal and it was somewhat painful. Customs had their dirty mits on my goods for about a week.
If you've got a weird sounding name you and your stuff are doomed if you got to travel these days.

Good luck,
Tito

I just ordered a Shavemac. I had never even dreamed of this. Oh well. I'll wait a few days longer to go from 21 mm pure badger to 26 mm silvertip.

MJB

Goosemeplease said:

I received a call from th USFWS tonight for a statement about this brush and its status, ironically I shipped it back to Germany on the 18th
The plot thickens!:w00t:

I also shipped my brush back to Bernd on the 18th. It has not yet reached him, and I've not received a phone call from USFWS. I am starting to get a little bit antsy.

Kyle said:
I also shipped my brush back to Bernd on the 18th. It has not yet reached him, and I've not received a phone call from USFWS. I am starting to get a little bit antsy.

Kyle
I e-mailed Mr.Blos yesterday he replied that the customs on their end was backed up, The original problem was that USFWS did not inspect the brush ion the way into the USA.

This is all good to know, my Shavemac is going back this week.

For those of you that already have shedding brushes in transit to Bernd, please post back to the original thread and keep us updated.

Top Bottom