What's new

Cleaning.

As mentioned a few long soaks in warm/hot water with dishwashing detergent and then a scrub with a toothbrush and you should be fine. I boiled a razor once and lost the plating so I wouldn’t recommend that. Also I used to give the razor a soak in diluted Dettol disinfectant but the razor would sometimes finish up sticky. A couple of washes and scrubs in dishwashing detergent and you are ready to go.
Ok great. Thanks

An over night soak in hot water and Dawn will do wonders for loosening any gunk on the inside and out. Then a good scrubbing with a soft to medium tooth brush followed by a 10- 15 minute clean hot water soak and full faucet rinse to remove the gunk etc. At this point you should be able to assess the plating and TTO movement. If you think you need to sanitize a quick blast of non-bleach Scrubbing Bubbles with a 2 minute soak and then a full force rinse and dry with a soft cloth will finish the job.

Last edited:
An update. I soaked the razors in a bowl of hot water with some dish washing liquid then scrubbed them with a toothbrush. It worked amazingly. The razors looks so much better and cleaner. Unfortunately some.kf the plating has worm off but that won't affect the performance

Top Bottom