What's new

Cleaning up spilt cologne

Ok, I dropped and broke an entire 3 oz bottle of Burberry Brit on my bathroom ceramic tile floor. I mopped it up with vinegar diluted with water but the bathroom still smells like a sailor on shore leave! Anyone have any experience with removing cologne smell from a ceramic tile floor? I suspect the porous grout is the real culprit.

If it's pores, I'd suggest putting water, or alcohol, down, then soaking it up, putting more down, soaking it up, putting more down, soaking it up. Pretty soon, you'll get the amount of the original liquid in the floor down to nothing.

I'm not speaking from experience, it'd just make sense if that's the case.

If it's pores, I'd suggest putting water, or alcohol, down, then soaking it up, putting more down, soaking it up, putting more down, soaking it up. Pretty soon, you'll get the amount of the original liquid in the floor down to nothing.

I'm not speaking from experience, it'd just make sense if that's the case.

A guy at my office suggested this too. It's probably worth a try. I know it'll fade with time but my wife is pretty impatient with the sailor smelling bathroom. :redface:

The fragrance is composed of oils, so maybe one could use some diluted dish soap to break those oils up.

The alcohol already mentioned should have a similar, but less user friendly affect.

Spread a bag of kitty litter over the area, leave overnight or as long as you can.

Yes, but then how do I keep the cat from adding her own fragrance to the mix? Ok, I'll close the door to keep her out. This isn't a bad idea. I've thought about using baking soda but I think ultimately the oils are down in the grout so flooding with water and a little detergent might be best.

Yes, but then how do I keep the cat from adding her own fragrance to the mix? Ok, I'll close the door to keep her out. This isn't a bad idea. I've thought about using baking soda but I think ultimately the oils are down in the grout so flooding with water and a little detergent might be best.

Listen, I can tell you like the smell and that it's your wife who doesn't; otherwise, you would have done something about it by now!

My wife spilled a bottle of Britney Spears Fantasy (her signature perfume) on our bathroom tile a month ago. Our whole bathroom smelt like the stripper's locker room in the Bada Bing from the Sopranos.

Mr. Clean works wonders.

My wife spilled a bottle of Britney Spears Fantasy (her signature perfume) on our bathroom tile a month ago. Our whole bathroom smelt like the stripper's locker room in the Bada Bing from the Sopranos.

Mr. Clean works wonders.

You can smell the Sopranos when you watch it? So what does Tony smell like? I always figured him for a Proraso guy! :lol:

Top Bottom