What's new

Cleaning up in the garage...

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I don't think you'll find a similar type donor handle for a larger knot. That Craftsman screwdriver (I have an awl version) you used is probably the largest (width) of the handles they have. Unless they have some industrial sized tools ($$) that aren't in the mainstream market. That brush is simply phenomenal. A true working man's brush!

I have an old "Professional" model that has a considerably thicker handle, it is also considerably longer.
I may take that one which is badly scarred and see if I can shorten the handle to a reasonable length with the widest portion to use as a handle base.
The advantage to that is there would be no through hole left over from where the driver bit was removed.
This is the type I mean

pc-vintage-craftsman-professional_1_f4ed91e08a14c453d175a43be2543f05.jpg

Good luck! I'm sure we'll all be interested to see what you come up with. Those stubby handles are great because they're just the right size (if a bit narrow) for a brush. The best part is that they are so obvious about what they were.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Good luck! I'm sure we'll all be interested to see what you come up with. Those stubby handles are great because they're just the right size (if a bit narrow) for a brush. The best part is that they are so obvious about what they were.

That's a very good point.
This latest one I modified looks ok, but it certainly isn't clear that it is a Craftsman screwdriver.
But I'm a softie for Lucite type handles.

20210730_112953.png

Reminiscent of some of the Omegas I've seen. Interesting, upside down like that. I've long thought that shaving brushes seemed backward in that way. But, I've been accustomed to it.

Top Bottom