What's new

Cleaning titanium razor.

Hello.
Razor is new titanium not polished.
After three uses and rinsing and cleaning, I saw stains a bit like rust or the so-called tea stains.
My guess is that it came from the dye in the soap.
All methods known to me have been tried. Ammonia solution was used, dish cleaners, even film cleaner. If anyone has experience in removing such contaminants on titanium, please share.
I don’t name the model of the razor because I had the same spots on another titanium razor from another manufacturer, but I didn’t use it for a long time and only now noticed.
I don't name the manufacturer of the soap because I'm not sure if it's because of the soap.
Thank you.

Attachments

• 286724A5-C2AB-4EE1-BEA0-6183074C5A34.jpeg
    286724A5-C2AB-4EE1-BEA0-6183074C5A34.jpeg
    610.3 KB · Views: 67
Do you disassemble your razor & dry it after use? I looks much like water/liquid staining from draining under the cap. Alcohol, Barbicide and hard water can be bad about this, as they seep out & leave a residue after evaporation and it can be very hard to clean from a matte Ti surface.

Best suggestion- use a jewelers' polish cloth, or something like Flitz with minimal pressure or rubbing action and a very soft cloth.

I don't have this problem with polished titanium. Matte or satin finish is very porous, so any stains that can develop will do so in a deeper level and can be difficult to remove.

Brass in similar finish patinas very quickly as well. In that case, a little bit of toothpaste gets rid of the stains with a cloth and some patience.

I suspect you can do the same in your case, but be careful. YMMV.

And just to chime in...I always clean and dry my razors because...they are tools, and guys keeps tools in good shape because if you don't they won't work or perform properly. This is wisdom handed down from generations...you want something to last? TAKE CARE OF IT.

Thanks to all who answered.
Problem solved with toothpaste.
Toothpaste will leave scratches in the finish because its very abrasive... Did you use toothpaste on that polished Vector you have listed on the BST. That thing has all kinds of scratches in the finish!!

Top Bottom