What's new

Cleaning..Never fun until it's over

2E061E37-09AC-4BDA-82A7-F0325993EFA3.jpeg

Have another pheasant hunt coming up in the near future and quite possibly some sporting clays before that.
Figured as there were no really good games coming up until about 4:00, time was right for some maintenance. Even had time to clean the SIG P365, Glock 19, and Colt King Cobra...with STILL enough time to split some logs for the upcoming bonfire. Who says older=slower?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Pipes and guns, it never ends. I have at least a half dozen of each that need attention!

Another reason I like my O/U guns....I shot 275 rounds of skeet/trap today. About 2 pulls of a oily bore snake and a little grease on the hinges and choke threads and I am done. I spend less than 2 minutes per gun.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I shoot one, and have four dirty ones. :nonod: How the heck does that happen!?

"Does this guy never clean his guns?," - me, after checking my own gunsafe.

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I used to duck hunt a lot with my dad. Whenever it would rain during the hunt, we would pull our 870 wingmasters apart and clean them like that when we got home. Easy guns to disassemble. If we had ducks, one of us would clean guns and the other would clean ducks.

I would want the guns over the ducks. :)

Ad Astra

The Instigator

I figured it out. I go to the range with one gun that needs shooting: new extractor, springs, scope etc. Since I'm going, I'll take a 9mm or .38 to stay current, and a .22 cause it's cheap. Maybe something exotic for fun. Get home tired, clean that ONE gun that needed to go in the first place ...vow to clean others on the weekend. Yeah ....

AA

OkieStubble

I figured it out. I go to the range with one gun that needs shooting: new extractor, springs, scope etc. Since I'm going, I'll take a 9mm or .38 to stay current, and a .22 cause it's cheap. Maybe something exotic for fun. Get home tired, clean that ONE gun that needed to go in the first place ...vow to clean others on the weekend. Yeah ....

AA

I say this EXACT same thing... Then take a breath and mumble to myself, "who are you kidding."

Thank God for modern, non-corrosive gunpowder, right? :)

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
My father would slap me upside my head if he ever saw me return from hunting or the range and not clean my weapon.
He’s tough that way.
Same with shining boots on days off.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
My father would slap me upside my head if he ever saw me return from hunting or the range and not clean my weapon.
He’s tough that way.

Mine would have too. Are you sure we're not brothas from anotha motha?

OkieStubble

He’s tough that way.

I was just out looking for new patrol boots. The pair I look for needs to clean up easy with the least amount of needed polish and it has to have a zipper, cuz I don't want to lace them up e'er day. :)

martym

Those are the type I always wear.
Luckily our uniform provider carries them.

OkieStubble

Those are the type I always wear.
Luckily our uniform provider carries them.

What brand do you like? I have been actually having trouble in this department? I have done Under Armour the last two pair and am looking for something different. The Under Armour's are cool in the summer, but not water proof and are cold in the winter. I guess I am looking for the all in all kinda boot?

1. Cool in the Summer

2. Warm in the winter

3. Water proof

4. Gotta have a side zipper

5. Works well for wearing street gear, but looks just as good in a class B.

6. Gotta have enough foot support

7. And would prefer something lighter over heavier.

Know of anything like this Marty? I've checked everything from 5.11 to Bates and no good so far. Danner is the closest match, but Danner is money $$$. I'm asking for the moon and stars ain't I? :)

Last edited:

martym

Oh yes you are. I have a service provided uniform allowance. So I purchase the brands available. Currently the ones I am wearing are S.W.A.T. Original.
I have a couple of pair of insulated Danner Boots but don’t wear often anymore.
Good luck with your search.
My all time favorite are Rocky Chukka boots but I don’t want to pay out of pocket when the services provides okay options.

Top Bottom