What's new

Cleaning my vintage Gillette question

I have bottle of Scrubbing Bubbles daily shower cleaner, a clear watery liquid with the following ingredients: Caprylyl/Myristyl, Glucoside, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Benzisothiazolinone. The directions say not to use on gold plated, brass and a few other surfaces that don't pertain to any razor and would like to know if I can use this on my vintage gillettes. Is this different then the foaming product? Can I use it on all (but) my gold plated razors? Or is this just the wrong product altogether? thanks everyone.

That's not the right stuff, you want the foaming scrubbing bubbles in the can without bleach. That and an old soft toothbrush after a dawn soak is all it takes. Good luck, you can also polish lightly by hand with Maas or Flitz polish.

Warm soapy water works for pretty much any razor to clean them and a terry or microfiber cloth or soft tooth brush to scrub. For gold plated you can use a very dilute water ammonia mix or find window cleaner that is ammonia based and spray or dip, leave for no more than a minute then quick scrub and rinse before throwing it into a warm soap bath.

Polish according to the metal plate finish. For nickel plated you can use stainless steel sink cleaner if you can't find a nickel polish at the super market.

Top Bottom