What's new

Cleaning bakelight injector questions

I just purchased this bakelight injector on ebay and preparing how to clean it.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Does anyone know if this is the type that can be opened safely to clean? I think this is type E - but I understand some Type E springs can be moved and some are not supposed to be. Is there any obvious way to tell?
I don't want to damage the head.

Secondly does anyone know if it would damage the handle to run it in the dishwasher? I generally understand it's not good to put bakelight in a dishwasher, but I was just planning to do it once to help sanatize it, so just wondering if you think that would damage anything?

Any other tips for cleaning it? Thanks for your help!:thumbup:

Also I was thinking of soaking it in Barbicide - Do you see any problem for that as far as the handle or metal goes?

I just purchased this bakelight injector on ebay and preparing how to clean it.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Does anyone know if this is the type that can be opened safely to clean? I think this is type E - but I understand some Type E springs can be moved and some are not supposed to be. Is there any obvious way to tell?
I don't want to damage the head.

Secondly does anyone know if it would damage the handle to run it in the dishwasher? I generally understand it's not good to put bakelight in a dishwasher, but I was just planning to do it once to help sanatize it, so just wondering if you think that would damage anything?

Any other tips for cleaning it? Thanks for your help!:thumbup:

Type E's will not say Eversharp on the spring plate, while Type G's will say Eversharp Schick. Type G's will also have a seam int he plastic handle which was made to look like bakelite. The Type E will not have the seam and will be a one pieced handle.

Top Bottom