What's new

Cleaned Some Brushes

I guess I'm in Spring cleaning mode! Yesterday I pulled a few razors out & gave them a polish. Today I grabbed some of my brushes & cleaned the knots. It's great having time.
IMG_4343.jpg

Nice den of brushes.

I have never done that in an organized way. When a brush needs cleaning, I just take it with me to the shower and shampoo it.

But, as you say, we’ve got some time these days.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Nice collection of brushes David. Did you just clean them in Dawn dishwashing liquid or did you use a dedicated brush cleaning solution?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
A little early for spring here - but I like to give mine all their annual cleanup while the air is still dry .. I put the lot on a cookie sheet, then using the kitchen sink/counter I process them first in a short vinegar soak, followed by a rinse, then lather with Dawn, another rinse, then soaked for 8-10 minutes. Somewhere on my calendar before April 1st a reminder will pop up for me to do it ..

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks David. The Stray Whisker out here in Australia has a brush cleaning product that I bought a little while ago and I have miss-placed it. I never used it but I might have a better look as I like the idea of the cleaning solution getting all the old soap out of the knot.

Top Bottom