What's new

Clean up your dog poop!

One of the neighbors lets his dog pee on my mailbox post when they do their morning walk. It chaps my behind, but, for me, its really not a fight worth picking. I make do with daydreams involving replacing the plastic mailbox post with a bare and bright metal one that's insulated from the ground. Then a fence charger would be hooked up and the sidewalk wetted with some extra salty salt water to give it a really good ground potential. Bet that's the last mailbox that little so and so would pee on!

The Dude can only abide so much and for so long.

I'm right on the cusp of being one of those "get offa' my lawn" types, but, shoot, dogs will mark every vertical surface they can get to. It just doesn't bother me like the other end of their business.
At the end of the day, let's remember that the animals on a leash are just doing what they're allowed to do. It's the owner that needs the shock, not the dog.

I'm right on the cusp of being one of those "get offa' my lawn" types, but, shoot, dogs will mark every vertical surface they can get to. It just doesn't bother me like the other end of their business.
At the end of the day, let's remember that the animals on a leash are just doing what they're allowed to do. It's the owner that needs the shock, not the dog.

Well said ... I'm not a big fan of the front end business either ... but that's a little different than the back end. And since my dog often pees in others' yards, I can't very well take a no tinkling stance for my yard.

But it's definitely the owners who need correction ... witness my interaction this morning

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
One of the neighbors lets his dog pee on my mailbox post when they do their morning walk. It chaps my behind, but, for me, its really not a fight worth picking. I make do with daydreams involving replacing the plastic mailbox post with a bare and bright metal one that's insulated from the ground. Then a fence charger would be hooked up and the sidewalk wetted with some extra salty salt water to give it a really good ground potential. Bet that's the last mailbox that little so and so would pee on!
The only problem is that it punishes the dog, not the guilty party- the owner.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
If you called the Police here they would just redirect you to the local council.

It is covered under a by-law set by the city council and the fine is $300.
That's a bigger fine than speeding 30km/per hour around town........
It acts as a deterrent but there will always be people that don't take care of their business.

OK that's a hefty fine but at some of the dog exercise areas they supply free bags to pick up after your dog.
So no excuse? Yeah right mate, there are still owners who just walk on.

Don't blame the dog, this is solely the owners fault.

I have 3 large dogs, kept on the property by an invisible fence. The two boxers defend the fence/property lines like hell hounds. Most dog walkers opt to use the other side of the street (despite the lab's invitations to throw a ball), where my neighbors complain about dog poop all the time. Only 3 dogs' worth on my side.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
If you called the Police here they would just redirect you to the local council.

It is covered under a by-law set by the city council and the fine is $300.
That's a bigger fine than speeding 30km/per hour around town........
It acts as a deterrent but there will always be people that don't take care of their business.

OK that's a hefty fine but at some of the dog exercise areas they supply free bags to pick up after your dog.
So no excuse? Yeah right mate, there are still owners who just walk on.

Don't blame the dog, this is solely the owners fault.
Yep. Just like when kids are screaming and carrying on in the store- it is the parent's fault. I think if you own a dog, it should be part of your family totally- I don't have the time, thus I have no dog. They should be played with and taken care of, not tied up in the backyard all day. You wouldn't let your kid drop a log on the neighbors yard- why would you let your dog?

I had some little dog crapping in my yard on a daily basis, and wasn't sure or prove who the culprit was. So I decided to buy a 5 pound bag of very hot red crushed pepper and spread it all over my front yard. I haven't found poop in my yard since.

Bruce held a board of directors meeting not once, not twice, but three times during his walk on one occasion.

Hey, I resemble that remark, buster!
Back when we had a dog I'd grab a plastic grocery bag (yeah, our city council hasn't banned them...yet. still pay ten cents for them when bagging at the checkout). Every so often one of the bags had a significant hole in the bottom...resulting in an awkward wrapping up, and careful cradling of the precious cargo.
The dog had to have wondered about all the extravagant measures I took in securing the treasure. "Must've been a really good one...that idiot is sealing it up very carefully for safekeeping".

Legion

Staff member
I would have just picked up the poop myself each time and left it in her letterbox. Eventually she would learn.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I dislike people like that especially with a puppy. We've been without a dog for about 6 years now. I was walking him and I forgot the poop bag. I rushed the rest of the walk. Got a bag and drove back over to get it.

We have a neighbor who put up the city ordnance on the utility pole. Not sure it matters to people. Maybe say something to thus person.

My across the street neighbor s son backed out of their driveway and hit my car that was legally parked in front of my house. The dad tried to blame me for parking there. Told the police here to take a report that he instructed me not to park there yesterday he rang my bell and said he couldn't back out with my car in the legal spot. I askedif he was leaving now id be happy to move it. Went out an moved the car and he never left his house. Sorry to hijack the thread but one rant lead me to another. Some people ..
And this isn't a new thing. I've been parking there for years.

A large & popular dog park here was closed for clean up this winter due to owners not cleaning up after their dogs. A few weeks later it re-opened, only to be permanently closed a month or so later because even more owners refused to clean up after their dogs. And now they are furious with the county for closing it...

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I would have just picked up the poop myself each time and left it in her letterbox. Eventually she would learn.

Custom title worthy. "B&B's Victor Meldrew"

Victor.JPG

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Talking about being neighborly, here's another story.

We moved in to this house in January. We have 2 1/2 acres and the back 1.5 acres is fenced in. We were out back with the dog one day about a month after we moved in and heard this dog barking it's head off and running toward us. It came from the house 2 doors down and cut across my neighbors yard to get to ours. It did this as the neighbor 2 doors down was pulling in to his driveway so we assume it was some territory display and showing off for his owner.

Well the dude jumps out of his car, yells is head off at his dog just as it reached our fence and the dog makes a bee line back home. We were just like "hmm, whatever". I mean, nothing happened. The dogs couldn't get to each other because of the fence. No harm no foul. So we go back to checking out the garden. A few minutes pass and this dude is walking over up to our fence and he introduces himself as the neighbor 2 doors down. Who's dog darted over here to get at our dog. He was very apologetic and in his own words said something like "I saw my dog running over here and I thought 'oh hell naw'. I couldn't get out of my car fast enough. There ain't no reason for my dog to be running across two property lines to get at your dog. If he does that again you shoot him. I won't be mad at all. He's on your property so you shoot him."

Of course we were just like "Oh no, we wouldn't do that. There no worries there". But the dude was adamant. If his dog comes on our property we got his permission to shoot it. HA! Talk about neighborly.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I'm an avid gardener....I like poop. Let'em poop.

Back in the 70's when I was a kid there was no doggie bags. They just pooped in your yard and you fell in it playing football. It was part of the game.

Legion

Staff member
I'm an avid gardener....I like poop. Let'em poop.

Back in the 70's when I was a kid there was no doggie bags. They just pooped in your yard and you fell in it playing football. It was part of the game.
Pretty much. Or they would just sit there until they went white. Then you would accidentally run over them with the lawn mower, which is no fun at all.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I think if you own a dog, it should be part of your family totally- I don't have the time, thus I have no dog. They should be played with and taken care of, not tied up in the backyard all day.

True that, Owen. I can't understand why anyone would get a pet and then keep them at a distance.

I have two labs and as many know they love the water. Every weekend I take them for a run/swim at the beach, in the dog exercise area. Even when the weather is less than desirable to go out. They don't mind if it's raining, it is just me that it effects.
It comes down to being a responsible dog owner, plus they stop trying to steer me out and relax after they have been. :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
True that, Owen. I can't understand why anyone would get a pet and then keep them at a distance.

I have two labs and as many know they love the water. Every weekend I take them for a run/swim at the beach, in the dog exercise area. Even when the weather is less than desirable to go out. They don't mind if it's raining, it is just me that it effects.
It comes down to being a responsible dog owner, plus they stop trying to steer me out and relax after they have been. :)
Labs. God's favorite dog.

Top Bottom