What's new

Clean shaven sopranos

It is just that when I lived in the city here in Australia, when you asked about the Mafia to any Italians that I knew you were met with a wall of silence. They never discussed it and they would not confirm it or deny it.

"Omertà is a code of silence, according to one of the first Mafia researchers Antonio Cutrera, a former officer of public security. It seals lips of men even in their own defense and even when the accused is innocent of charged crimes."

Sir Ice, the Sopranos was set in the 1980's or 1990's, so that was before the current grunge shave style.

WRT current mafia style modern day, I really cannot speak!!

Sopranos was set in the contemporary timeframe (early to mid 2000s), Tony is driving a Cadillac Escalade in the opening song sequence. The three day stubble style became popular in the 90s, almost a decade earlier.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Shaving every day kept me out of both the FBI and the Mafia.

I coulda been a big deal in either organization!

Growing up in Brooklyn NY in an Italian Neighborhood, I saw many of the real mobsters, some would sport a mustache, but in those days weather a mobster or not a man without a shave, a well trimmed beard or mustache, was considered unwashed or dirty, also clothes not pressed and unwrinkled was another eyebrow raiser.

I just finished watching The Irishman (Scorsese) and I don't recall any beards. I thought the movie would have been better made into a multi-part thing.

Top Bottom