What's new

Clay Mask Users...

I've got a few questions for ya! On the day you use your mask (I'm ordering the QED French Green Clay with the DaVinici water) what is the routine you use? Do you shower, shave, apply mask, and moisturize? or is it just a mask day them moisturize? I'm just a little confused as every review I've read (the whole QED thread) has said its mildly harsh for your skin and I just don't want to do too much to the most noticeable part of skin. Also, afterwards do you use the hydrosols and a balm/moisturizer or just the hydrosol or just the moisturizer? Thanks in advance!

First, I would read the label and see what they recommend. I use Nancy Boy's clay mask once every week or two. I don't think you should use it more than once a week. I wash my face and rinse, and while my face is still wet I apply the mask. After it dries, usually 15-20 minutes or so, I shower and rinse the mask off. If my face feels a little dry afterwards I will apply a moisturizer. I don't need it every time, but YMMV.

Yah the label just gives mixing instructions and recommends a hydrosol/moisturizer afterwards. I've looked into the Nancy Boy and they look good but I'd rather mix my own, personally. I just don't want to over-do it and cause too much of a moisture drain on my face or have too many harsh things going on at once and having it end up being over-irritated and counter-intuitive.

I use the french green clay from QED USA, but no more than once a week and not on shave days ( I shave every other day ), great stuff . If you're concerned about skin drying out, you can spritz some DaVinci water on a cotton ball and apply wher necessary. Charles at QED now offers the green clay in a facial soap as well as a Dead Sea mud formulation and something called Black Magic (contains charcoal). I should have some of the latter maybe by Saturday.

Why not do the mask treatment on your Saturday, there's really no need to shave and your face has the next day to recover from the treatment if there is any reaction or dryness.

Top Bottom