What's new

Classification of Old Spice

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Try generic OS clone with some Bergamot oil drops in the summer. Wow!

What are you using? I have on order some Lustray Blue Spice and Lustray Spice to see what they're like. Stirling Spice just made it into my rotation.

JCarr

Try generic OS clone with some Bergamot oil drops in the summer. Wow!

Funny you should mention drops. I also use a number of drops in my Bay Rum mix, cinnamon (although keep that to a minimum because they're strong), Citrus/Orange and a few drops of real Pimento Racemosa oil.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What are you using? I have on order some Lustray Blue Spice and Lustray Spice to see what they're like. Stirling Spice just made it into my rotation.
Mine is something I got on clearance at a dollar store. I bought the two they had left for less than $1 each. 15880879829357550992449733840842.jpg15880880206478768926708337379593.jpg

JCarr

Been thinking about adding Gabels Drops of Lime to make a lime Bay Rum. Will have to sit down to see where that enters into the formula. Probably would remove the Masters and replace it with the lime to create a lighter scent. I find the Masters to be a bit heavy as far as Bay Rum scents go.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Been thinking about adding Gabels Drops of Lime to make a lime Bay Rum. Will have to sit down to see where that enters into the formula. Probably would remove the Masters and replace it with the lime to create a lighter scent. I find the Masters to be a bit heavy as far as Bay Rum scents go.

I would think you would want to keep the Master in it for the real bay oil. Master's scent doesn't seem to heavy to prevent it from being a lighter scent?

JCarr

I would think you would want to keep the Master in it for the real bay oil. Master's scent doesn't seem to heavy to prevent it from being a lighter scent?

Thanks, Okie. I could try it both ways. Thankfully, all the ingredients are available. I like Masters...it has a sort of syrupy sweetness to it...no pun intended on the sticky/tackiness of it. The Old Spice cologne might supply enough sweetness. Will have to see. Waiting for Gabels Drops of Lime. I've never had the Drops of Lime before...will have to see what that's like also. I have Gabels Bay Rum, Masters and Old Spice cologne though.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Thanks, Okie. I could try it both ways. Thankfully, all the ingredients are available. I like Masters...it has a sort of syrupy sweetness to it...no pun intended on the sticky/tackiness of it. The Old Spice cologne might supply enough sweetness. Will have to see. Waiting for Gabels Drops of Lime. I've never had the Drops of Lime before...will have to see what that's like also. I have Gabels Bay Rum, Masters and Old Spice cologne though.

I would like to try the Drops of Lime. I am always looking for a cheap lime aftershave that one could "mix" with everything if they wanted some lime in their aftershave. Avon Island Lime would be a good candidate for a mix it with everything lime, "if" it was so vintage and so classic.

I always loved the lime scent of Old Spice fresh lime, and would love to have an everyday lime aftershave that was affordable, in order to mix with other aftershaves that I would like a hint of lime with. I know there was a member here, can't remember who, but they created a Badger Blend called "Lime Veg". I haven't tried it yet, but sounded like a great idea!

I think Lime Speick would be an interesting try. I would love to find a modern cheap aftershave that would mix well with some modern English Leather. :) in order to try and recreate English Leather Lime from back in the day.

Top Bottom