What's new

ClassicShaving.com Classic Brand Soap & Smolder Sale

I got an email from Classic Shaving today with these deals and thought I'd share.

Classic Brand Soap $4.49 - Save Additional 20% at Cart = $3.60 Per Puck.
Smolder Artisan Soap Sale - The Blades Grim Gold Luxury Shaving Soap - "Smolder" - $14.98 + Save 20% At Cart = $11.99.
Smolder Combo Pack - Cologne, Shampoo, Conditioner & Body Wash - 1 Time Holiday Price Only $39.99 - Plus Take Another 20% Off at Checkout with Code: JOY2020

I'm checking the site now and there are a lot of things on sale for seemingly very low prices. I'm going to pick up a few of their pucks to see what they are all about.

Hrrmm ... they also have What the Puck? line - just like RazoRock.
I noticed that as well. I was a bit confused by it since I knew I had seen it somewhere before. I have no idea who was first or if they even care that they both use that name. I know every time I think I'm clever and come up with a new forum name or something it's almost always something that someone else has already thought of. Is there any original thought left with billions of people around?

I will also add that Classic Shaving changed hands a few years back and from what I've read CS was affected by the change. They brought out a few razors a while back but have been relatively quiet since...

I will also add that Classic Shaving changed hands a few years back and from what I've read CS was affected by the change. They brought out a few razors a while back but have been relatively quiet since...
They did change hands a number of years ago (circa 2014). Luke Webster is the current owner. Under his ownership, they designed the Occam's SE series, including the OREN, Hiram, and Enoch. All well-regarded SE razors. They also started the Blades Grim brand and a few other house brand razors, acquired the Hart Steel brand, and launched a few sister sites like straightrazors.com.

For most of Luke's tenure, their customer service was very good, and they offered a lot of deals and promos. But starting on 2020, their customer service really went to hell, and it's basically non-existent today. They still ship products promptly, but you'd better hope there isn't a problem with your order. They will simply ignore your emails. I experienced this firsthand.

I believe that they are no longer producing any products, and they are just selling off inventory to eventually shudder the site (or perhaps sell the business). If you check Luke's FB page, he's basically putting all his efforts into his real estate development business.

I'll also add that I have the Smolder "Luxury Shaving Soap". It's a melt and pour soap (nothing actually wrong with that). The performance is decent, but nothing like an artisan shave soap. I personally wouldn't pay $11.99 for it. Mine came in a clear plastic container (similar to Van Der Hagen- see pic), and not a metal tin. The scent is a bit floral and not really for me. I was expecting something smokey based on the name. I do have another soap in the "Cinder" scent, which is smokey, and I love it. I bought it in 2016, and it did come in a metal tin.

I should note that the Smolder soap I got was part of a package deal with a razor, but then again, so was the Cinder soap.

1643126244787.png

Last edited:
I've bought the Occams DE from them as well as their mug soap (hard soap, not melt and pour). Both the soap and the razor were outstanding. The only issue has been the enamel on the bottom of the Occam's handle that fills in the "O" has flaked off.

Top Bottom