What's new

Classic Shaving Enoch AC Razor Experience

Hi,
I just received the Enoch razor, and the safety bar seems bent to me, like there is a "wave" to it. Is it something somebody have noticed on his razor too ?
IMG_20200708_133418.jpg

Hi,
I just received the Enoch razor, and the safety bar seems bent to me, like there is a "wave" to it. Is it something somebody have noticed on his razor too ?
View attachment 1123799
There have been a few that slipped by during QC that were bent or wavy but I don't recall one as bad as yours though!!
Contact Colonial, this has been mentioned in the forums before.
This isn't from Colonial... It's from Classic Shaving...

Every time I almost have myself talked into giving the Enoch a try I read about lingering quality issues. As a small business owner myself I find this quite unacceptable. It’s a shame. I’ve got an RX and like the overall design. I thought the Enoch might be a better mousetrap in design, but it looks like the execution is flawed. I’m going to have to take a hard pass on this one.

i have send an email to classic shaving some days ago. no response so far. Hope it will possible to find a solution.

I see the enoch is currently on sale for $99. Now that people have had them in their collections for a few months, what is the perception? Is this a good deal? Still having quality issues?

Thanks

I see the enoch is currently on sale for $99. Now that people have had them in their collections for a few months, what is the perception? Is this a good deal? Still having quality issues?

Thanks
At $99 I think it is the best buy in AC style SE razors. There are a few other stainless steel AC razors that might be better (e.g. General, Vector, ATT) but none of them are anywhere near under $100. The stainless steel Hawk is the only other one I can think of, and I have found the Enoch to outperform both the safety bar and open comb versions of the Hawk. Of course, you might find the opposite to be true for you.

The Enoch is my favorite razor - full stop. The only negative thing I can say about it is that blade loading is a bit tricky. The lugs are very shallow and it's easy to knock the blade off the lugs when assembling the razor. I will say, however, that with practice it becomes a bit fiddly but no big deal.

At $99 I think it is the best buy in AC style SE razors. There are a few other stainless steel AC razors that might be better (e.g. General, Vector, ATT) but none of them are anywhere near under $100. The stainless steel Hawk is the only other one I can think of, and I have found the Enoch to outperform both the safety bar and open comb versions of the Hawk. Of course, you might find the opposite to be true for you.

The Enoch is my favorite razor - full stop. The only negative thing I can say about it is that blade loading is a bit tricky. The lugs are very shallow and it's easy to knock the blade off the lugs when assembling the razor. I will say, however, that with practice it becomes a bit fiddly but no big deal.

^^^^^
+1 Agree on all counts. Perhaps not my favorite but, top 5 for sure and quite possibly could have been in my top 3 if it weren’t for the early q/c issues....
4F682BA8-3F83-466F-800C-578DE1AD62AB.jpeg

In no particular order: Asylum Rx, Vector, Cobra Classic & Ikon El Jefe......
Since I have (somewhat arbitrarily) set my limit at $100, I haven't tried any of those razors. Someday I may finally lift my self-imposed limit and spring for the Vector. It has always intrigued me, and I've not heard anything negative about the razor or the company.

Almost 4 years have gone and it still is an excellent shaver. With a Feather pro installed this morning, it’s an executioner of whiskers of the highest order yet still maintains a smoothness and civility to its overall shave performance. One of the best deals ever in an AC razor tool and great shaving implement as well. Too bad they are no longer made. Would have loved to have seen this razor progress further in its development.

CE447224-D91B-4575-A228-C672F27C83BF.jpeg

Lately I have been using some newer DE razors that I purchased, but this morning I went back to the Enoch and was once again impressed by how smooth and efficient it is. Are you sure that it's been discontinued? I just went to the Classic Shaving website and it shows it as "sold out" but not discontinued.

Last edited:
Lately I have been using some newer DE razors that I purchased, but this morning I went back to the Enoch and was once again impressed by how smooth and efficient it is. Are you sure that it's been discontinued? I just went to the Classic Shaving website and it shows it as "sold out" but not discontinued.
It's been listed as "sold out" for quite a while, perhaps going on years.

The Enoch & some face freezing nirvana by Stirling. Smooth operator is the Enoch with a KAI Pink Mild blade on its first use. Two passes and a minor touch up on the chin and it was a BBS result with a wonderful cooling and refreshing finish from the Stirling Witch Hazel & splash.

The Yuengling was there for back up purposes just in case me parched throat needed soothing during this most heated of days. It was finished quickly once the shave was done. :ihih:

D312AD45-F05D-4ED6-A424-7DA2756603E5.jpeg

Top Bottom