What's new

Class Ring

Does anyone still wear/possess their college ring?

Mine is from CCNY, class of 1971, I've managed to hang to it and am proud of it. I mostly only wear it on special occasions,

Attachments

• IMG_5587.JPG
    IMG_5587.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
Heck, I still have my HS class ring. My kids got a kick out of seeing it when it was time for them to order their HS ring. I elected to forgo a ring when graduating with an undergraduate degree because I knew I was going straight to a Masters program and then ordination. I did get and currently wear a signet ring for the ordination, and have worn it since. This was, however, the decision I made while still an undergrad. It was largely misunderstood by my folks, who wanted to buy my Sr. ring. In the end, I let them purchase my signet ring.
FD7BFD8E-82B3-46E1-88D9-737BE5468E15.jpeg

Last edited:
I have my high school ring, but didn't want to spend the funds on a college ring. I considered it again when I recently finished a graduate program and had sticker shock at the current prices.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I still have my class ring, Indiana University 1969. However there is no way it will fit me now 50 years later. And I don’t even know if Balfour the manufacturer can resize it.

I have my high school ring, but didn't want to spend the funds on a college ring. I considered it again when I recently finished a graduate program and had sticker shock at the current prices.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Same here. I got my MBA in 2008 and really wanted a class ring until I saw the price. Then I realized that I have champagne taste on a cool-aid budget. Perhaps one day I'll decide to buy one, for now the prices are way to steep

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
However there is no way it will fit me now 50 years later. And I don’t even know if Balfour the manufacturer can resize it.

If you want, find a good custom goldsmith in your area. Someone who makes jewelry from scratch, sort of thing. I suspect he can resize it or suggest some other sort of re-working that will preserve the crest and allow the ring to resume daily wear.

That might be a bit costly ... but IF the ring is of significant enough sentimental value, you may be interested.

Does anyone still wear/possess their college ring?

Mine is from CCNY, class of 1971, I've managed to hang to it and am proud of it. I mostly only wear it on special occasions,

Very cool. My son has my father's (RIP) CCNY ring. I believe he graduated in the class of 1956. My son hasn't worn it but he keeps it in a safe place. I never got a ring from my college. Interestingly, my son is getting a ring from his High School. He goes to a private college prep high school. I went to public school all the way through.

I still have my class ring, Indiana University 1969. However there is no way it will fit me now 50 years later. And I don’t even know if Balfour the manufacturer can resize it.
It should run anywhere from $45-$90, depending on the amount of gold required to to resize it.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I had the chance to buy a class ring way back in the day but I passed. Don’t regret it.

I had the chance to buy a class ring way back in the day but I passed. Don’t regret it.

Same here. I had a chance to purchase a HS ring and a college ring but passed on both. I did purchase a 1981 Sayville, NY High School beer mug, though I don't have it any longer. It's long gone along with my youth and most of my hair :concern:.

Tim

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I passed on a HS ring. A college ring wasn't available, sadly, as I wanted one to reward myself for becoming an RN.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Got a hs ring and was pretty much a waste of money. Its lost or gone missing. I haven't seen it in years. Im just not a ring bracelet or jewelry guy. Didn't get a college ring. My money was better spent on beer.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I've worn a college fraternity ring since the '60s; it's often been the object of compliments, though the crest has been worn smooth of detail.

Last edited:
never bought hs or college ring. at the time didnt want to spend the money.

only wear two rings now. simple wedding band and this one.

20191105_084319.jpg

camo

Top Bottom