What's new

Class Ring

I have my HS class ring. Didn't wear it much after high school, and not sure how much I wore it in high school (I just don't remember!) I dropped out/failed out of college so didn't get one of those.

It doesn't fit now, so I don't wear it. It's in the bag it came in, and I do take it out on occasion just to look at it and remember the good times! I graduated in 2000, and can't believe it's been almost 20 years, it does NOT feel like it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have my HS class ring. Didn't wear it much after high school, and not sure how much I wore it in high school (I just don't remember!) I dropped out/failed out of college so didn't get one of those.

It doesn't fit now, so I don't wear it. It's in the bag it came in, and I do take it out on occasion just to look at it and remember the good times! I graduated in 2000, and can't believe it's been almost 20 years, it does NOT feel like it.
Time does fly. It will be 40 years for me this June! Now THAT is impossible, lol.

No class ring was offered at my high school and I passed on a college ring due to cost. Looking back, I don't regret it. I've never worn any jewelry or accessories other than a wristwatch because it just got in the way of my job.

I've some of my dad's rings. Priceless to me.
I have my Dad's rings, as well. If I was going to wear any kind of jewelry, I'd consider wearing one of his rings.

The problem is that he was a really big guy with fingers as thick as bratwursts. I could fit two of my fingers into some of his rings.

FarmerTan

No class ring was offered at my high school and I passed on a college ring due to cost. Looking back, I don't regret it. I've never worn any jewelry or accessories other than a wristwatch because it just got in the way of my job.

I have my Dad's rings, as well. If I was going to wear any kind of jewelry, I'd consider wearing one of his rings.

The problem is that he was a really big guy with fingers as thick as bratwursts. I could fit two of my fingers into some of his rings.
My dad too! I think some would be too big for my thumb!

Got a HS ring, mostly because everyone else was and my parents felt bad if they got one for my sister, and not for me. Stopped wearing it after graduation, and really wish we hadn't bothered.
I never intended to get a college ring, but a year after graduating my parents got me one as a gift. I wore it only off and on (mostly for dressy occasions) over the course of the following 12 years because of my job (lost of heavy labor and working with/around electricity).
But since I got my current job which is desk work in a control room, I wear it almost every day, but only because it was an unexpected gift from my folks.
Of course, in that same time frame I've lost my wedding ring. A fact that mrs. b LOVES.....
20191123_141035.jpg

FarmerTan

Got a HS ring, mostly because everyone else was and my parents felt bad if they got one for my sister, and not for me. Stopped wearing it after graduation, and really wish we hadn't bothered.
I never intended to get a college ring, but a year after graduating my parents got me one as a gift. I wore it only off and on (mostly for dressy occasions) over the course of the following 12 years because of my job (lost of heavy labor and working with/around electricity).
But since I got my current job which is desk work in a control room, I wear it almost every day, but only because it was an unexpected gift from my folks.
Of course, in that same time frame I've lost my wedding ring. A fact that mrs. b LOVES.....
View attachment 1037583
That's a beauty. Wear it with pride! You have some good parents there brother.

I still have my HS ring from 1963, and am wearing my college/pharmacy school ring from 1968 right now. It had gotten rather beaten up over the years, and had a acrylic filler under the stone, which cracked and pieces came out. The stone had chipped. I could not locate the mfr, apparently, it was John Roberts, who I do not think is in business. A jeweler nearby did a lot of research and found where it could be reworked and a new stone installed, with my inlaid pharmacy symbol Rx. That cost me many times what I initially paid for the ring but felt it was worth the cost.

FarmerTan

I still have my HS ring from 1963, and am wearing my college/pharmacy school ring from 1968 right now. It had gotten rather beaten up over the years, and had a acrylic filler under the stone, which cracked and pieces came out. The stone had chipped. I could not locate the mfr, apparently, it was John Roberts, who I do not think is in business. A jeweler nearby did a lot of research and found where it could be reworked and a new stone installed, with my inlaid pharmacy symbol Rx. That cost me many times what I initially paid for the ring but felt it was worth the cost.
It was worth every penny.

I want to have a custom made ring for my RN degree. My proudest accomplishment. Proud in a good way, if you get me...

When I was in high school, the company Josten's supplied our school rings. I grew up outside Pittsburgh, and a company rep would drive up from the city to do fittings, etc. The rep that they sent to my school was Steve Blass, who had been one of the heroes of the Pirates' 1971 World Series-winning team. Blass seemed like a great guy, and he spent a lot of time hanging around the teachers' lounge at my school, drinking coffee and shooting the breeze with our football coaches. They'd leave the door to the lounge open, and playfully harass us as we walked by. I remember getting a chance to try on his World Series ring--it seemed gigantic. After a spell selling rings, he moved into the broadcast booth for the Bucs, and I guess he only recently retired from that. I bought a school ring from him, but I have no idea what happened to it. Maybe in someone else's dresser somewhere?

It was worth every penny.

I want to have a custom made ring for my RN degree. My proudest accomplishment. Proud in a good way, if you get me...

No doubt about it, I wear it more now, but not all day every day like I did for years to subject it to a lot of wear and damage. I am definitely going to take care of it.

FarmerTan

When I was in high school, the company Josten's supplied our school rings. I grew up outside Pittsburgh, and a company rep would drive up from the city to do fittings, etc. The rep that they sent to my school was Steve Blass, who had been one of the heroes of the Pirates' 1971 World Series-winning team. Blass seemed like a great guy, and he spent a lot of time hanging around the teachers' lounge at my school, drinking coffee and shooting the breeze with our football coaches. They'd leave the door to the lounge open, and playfully harass us as we walked by. I remember getting a chance to try on his World Series ring--it seemed gigantic. After a spell selling rings, he moved into the broadcast booth for the Bucs, and I guess he only recently retired from that. I bought a school ring from him, but I have no idea what happened to it. Maybe in someone else's dresser somewhere?
Very cool memory. Thanks for sharing it!

My HS class ring (1967) was given away to a girlfriend never to be seen again. She is in Switzerland and I’m in the USA. After all these years, if I were to guess, I’d say she probably sold it for the gold content. So it goes.

My HS class ring (1967) was given away to a girlfriend never to be seen again. She is in Switzerland and I’m in the USA. After all these years, if I were to guess, I’d say she probably sold it for the gold content. So it goes.
You oughtta try and find out. Find her and send a letter or something. You never know.

Never bought a college ring because my HS ring had been sitting in a drawer for a couple years and I knew where the college one would end up. I held on to my HS ring until a few years ago when gold had skyrocketed.

Top Bottom