What's new

INFO! Clarification of BST pricing information.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
A post was made in the BST Guidelines sticky adding the following information for clarity:

Gents - There has been a trend lately where some folks are posting statements such as:

"If you pay with PayPal Goods and Services, please add 5 percent for fees".

Please read the Guidelines - PayPal Goods and Services is the ONLY way you may pay for items on the BST.

As prices must be displayed on all ads - please do any calculations you think you need BEFORE you post your thread.
It's not the buyers responsibility to calculate pricing.

The seller should determine and provide the price he needs in order to ship the item.

The only caveat to this is when additional funds for international shipping might be required, and that is to be discussed and agreed upon between buyer and seller via PM.

Be advised that PayPal strictly and explicitly prohibits sellers from charging buyers the PayPal fees that sellers are responsible for.

Many of us are not particularly happy with PP these days. There are so many other safe alternatives that protect buyers and sellers. Maybe it's time to update that extremely limited form of payment?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Seems like any suggestions are always shot down, usually brusquely, in spite of what this sub-forum might otherwise suggest.

I don't think your comment is accurate at all. There has been resent suggestions that have been implemented, as far as I can see. Even in the short time you have been here, there has been two new forums for example after requests made.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Seems like any suggestions are always shot down, usually brusquely, in spite of what this sub-forum might otherwise suggest.
Suggestions are suggestions, not mandates.
There is work involved in implementing suggestions.
Our priorities and timeline may not meet with your approval but the suggestions are read, and if valid, are discussed by the team.
We do not make it a habit of immediately implementing any idea presented in this forum regardless of validity and particularly when made by someone who hasn't been a member long enough to even fully understand how we operate.

This particular thread is about sellers in the BST. It's not about asking if people are happy with PayPal.

I don't think your comment is accurate at all. There has been resent suggestions that have been implemented, as far as I can see. Even in the short time you have been here, there has been two new forums for example after requests made.
I'll do us all a favor and stay out of this sub-forum going forward. Different perspectives from different sides of the coin, I suppose, and it's not my forum.

Top Bottom